Medium Weight Layer Help

KNPV PSD

Lil-Rokslider
Chinook will do nothing for you. It's a softshell with a light grid backing that'll take a little chill off but that's it. You'd still be missing your mid weight layer.

Dobermann

WKR
I only recently got the Sawtooth and was surprised at how warm it was on its own.

I wasn't sure I'd like it in advance, having tried the hybrid option from Icebreaker (when on a crazy special), and the Arc'teryx Leaf Atom LT - I'm not a fan of either.

The Sawtooth, however, feels quieter than both, and more robust. So, I like it out of the box, but don't have field time in it yet ...

I've been running the peloton 240 for 2 years backpacking and hunting trips. It's super tough, wind and water resistant. No stitching has come out what so ever. I wish more companies had options like this(full zip, ripstop, durable) because it's doesn't fit me as well as FL or Sitka products. I have a synthetic blank diamond puffy I run under it when it gets really cold. All around great design, not a great fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
+ whatever we’re up to on the Core Heavyweight hoody

it’s a very well thought out piece- good fitting hood, thumb holes, etc the grid fleece does a great job of moving moisture when on the move, but still provides good warmth when stopped

very similar to Patagonia’s R1 hoody in cut and fabric

I it as insulating layer when stopped in warmer weather, mid layer in colder weather on the move (over a light base top and under a windshirt) and in conjunction with a puffy stopped in cold weather

one of my favorite pieces