First Lite - gear you wish they would make!

UglyJow

Lil-Rokslider
-Light synthetic hooded DWR wind shirt layer to go over the Chama or Sawtooth. No insulation and not rain gear, just a wind shell with pit zips, 1 chest and 2 side pockets. Keep it reasonably quiet and make it fit so the Ucompaghre can go between it and the Chama or Sawtooth. Maybe this is just a hooded North Branch, I haven't ever got to try the current North Branch.

ABSOLUTELY THIS. I don't understand why I can't find one of these. I know Sitka makes the Flash pullover, but it is a laminate, doesn't breathe as well, and is ridiculously expensive. I want an Arc'teryx Squamish hoody clone in Fusion or Cipher, roughly 6 ounces. Would complete the layering system upstairs. Aerowool T, Chama hoody, hypothetical wind shirt, puffy, and rain jacket. This makes so much sense from a layering perspective I cannot believe it isn't a standard option pushed by all the major players. Something in the $125-$150 range that I would always wear when carrying a pack. The wind shirt would be the piece to wear out from pack straps, increasing longevity of rain shell, chama hoody, puffy, etc., etc. I wish such a thing existed in the mass market category.

Last edited:
They should make some full zip merino wool long john bottoms. Kuiu is currently the only company making full zip bottoms, and they are terrific. I'd love to have some other options, however.

Kulshan

Lil-Rokslider
Like guys are saying it would be nice to have a pant option with reinforced knees and butt. A reinforced butt on the uncomp pants.

Synthetic/fleece neck gator.

A quiet vest, puffy or guide.

Judging by the gritty bowmen podcast with Sitka and with First Lite not currently making a zip off long john I think Kuiu will have the market cornered for a while.

Also, I think they should make a full synthetic base layer system with their 37.5. . . but only as long as it was more economical and durable than their merino stuff.

This should happen... if nothing else to get people an option at a lower price point.

IaTrent

Lil-Rokslider
Upgrade Halstead to include wind block material, hood and a pocket to put a grunt tube.

Torso length of Chama Hoody.

Chama EXP in Fusion/Cipher.

Visit Midwest Sport shows and listen to tree stand hunters wants/needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
They would sell so many more North Branch jackets if they had a hood. I would trade in my Kuiu Guide for a North Branch for a hood.

Also, I think they should make a full synthetic base layer system with their 37.5. . . but only as long as it was more economical and durable than their merino stuff.

I bought a Kuiu guide and don't like it anywhere near as well as the Dalibor II jacket from Kryptek. That might be an option for you to look at.

JWP58

WKR
Camo sleep mask, merino of course..how could you use anything else?. Camo socks, camo needs more camo. Specialty tailored items to me specifically. Merino sunglass holder sack thingy so my bro hat isn't covered up, nar-nar huck!

Edit, the above was a joke fyi. I wish they'd change the name of the uncompahgre

Last edited:

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
Bring back ASAT
Bring back the Chugach Work Shirt
Pit zips on North Branch jacket and Cirrus jacket
Bring back the double layer knee on the Obsidian pant (Kanab 1.0 had double knee)
Non-metal button for leg roll-up on Obsidian pant; that dangly metal button is always ticking my bow when walking
Zip-off baselayer bottoms
Boonie Hat in wool and softshell water proof material

TheCougar

WKR
- Zip off merino baselayer pants, full length.
- obsidian with more boot cut
- consistent sizing and more exact sizing on the pants (size by waist and inseam)
- a quieter puffy and a more durable material

Windshirts are strangely absent from the lineup of not just Firstlite, but all the hunting clothing companies.
I have a Patagonia Houdini in "buffalo green" color (olive drab) that I use.
ABSOLUTELY THIS. I don't understand why I can't find one of these. I know Sitka makes the Flash pullover, but it is a laminate, doesn't breathe as well, and is ridiculously expensive. I want an Arc'teryx Squamish hoody clone in Fusion or Cipher, roughly 6 ounces. Would complete the layering system upstairs. Aerowool T, Chama hoody, hypothetical wind shirt, puffy, and rain jacket. This makes so much sense from a layering perspective I cannot believe it isn't a standard option pushed by all the major players. Something in the $125-$150 range that I would always wear when carrying a pack. The wind shirt would be the piece to wear out from pack straps, increasing longevity of rain shell, chama hoody, puffy, etc., etc. I wish such a thing existed in the mass market category.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Windshirts are strangely absent from the lineup of not just Firstlite, but all the hunting clothing companies.
I have a Patagonia Houdini in "buffalo green" color (olive drab) that I use.
Other than the Flash pullover from Sitka. A solid color one you can get more use out of for sure though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I wish they would make clothes that stay in stock and are available YEAR-ROUND!

VERY annoying to not be able to find items in stock WHEN YOU HAVE SOME EXTRA CASH IN-HAND!

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
1) Woodbury vest. The outer material is very “stretchy” and nearly as quiet as fleece. Insulation loft is perfect in the jacket, so make it fit like a vest with the same insulation quantity.

2) North Branch jacket with a removable hood. IMO this stuff isn’t quite rain gear, but it could be all day “mist” gear with a hooded jacket.

3) Waist and inseam sized pants OR some sort of cinch waist adjustment. I don’t need “tall” inseams or sleeves, but make them for the folks that do.

4) Waterproof boonie hat that I can wear until there is a hooded North Branch jacket.

5) Most importantly, bring back ASAT.

colersu22

WKR
I have a couple Halstead fleece's and would love if it had a center pocket like most sweatshirts or even a pocket on each side. Besides that I wish the torso length was longer than my waist. I thought if I upsized on my chama that it would be longer torso but it is the same length as all my large tops.

Bl704

WKR
Consistent sizing would be welcome and at least selling through Amazon should make sizing exchanges easier.

I like the concept of the Corrugates-stretchable is great working through some country like blowdowns, and some of the steep and wacky western terrain, but after a cross country venture through about a mile of briars and brush busting, some tactical reinforcements would be nice additions (a la the fjallraven vidda).

I like the chama hoodie, but I'd like an even heavier weight merino hoodie.

Gloves with good grippy rubber palm pads and up the fingers (thinking receivers gloves)...somebody mentioned waterproof gloves bit I'd be happy with a warm and relatively quick drying glove.

mcseal2

WKR

I just got a Sitka Mountain jacket to use over my Sawtooth as a wind layer. I primarily wanted something lightweight to take on my AK moose hunt next fall I could layer over the Sawtooth and a puffy when necessary. I don't want to wear my SEAK rain coat unless it's raining so I wanted something else I could use instead that wasn't to heavy. The SEAK I just got recently also and while I think it's an awesome rain coat it's pretty loud and stiff, plus it's expensive and I want it to last so I don't want to wear it full time.

The Sitka Mountain jacket is kinda what I wanted except for a bit heavier and it doesn't have a hood. For the AK hunt where I'll pack the SEAK that doesn't matter to me. It also doesn't have pit zips. I got mine in 3XL so I could layer a heavy Sitka waterfowl puffy, the Sawtooth, and a base layer under it. Their 3XL stuff seems to fit more like a 2XL anyway. Mine weighs 14.5oz. It's not perfect but I think it will do most of what I want. I can't honestly see why it is so dang expensive for what it is though, that part doesn't make sense to me.

I considered the Flash also but reviews on Sitka's site knocked it's breathability and said it was cut short. I have a pretty long torso and would hate a wind shirt that let a draft in underneath. I decided this was the better option.

Back to First Lite stuff, sorry to derail the thread but figured it might help the wind shirt discussion.

Last edited:

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
I would like to see gear that doesn't fall apart at the seams.

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
Bring back the old style of brimmed beanie!!
Something like the old jones style hat or a coups hat.

Thanks,
Boswell