Lightweight Merino bottoms?

I’m looking for a lightweight merino bottom - something like a 145 weight. My OLD pair of Kuiu is so full of holes that I need to replace them. I tried the goofy new “side zip” 3/4 bottoms but I returned them. I’m too old school - I just want NORMAL bottoms! I don’t need to zip off my underwear (especially the really light stuff) and I hate the feeling of pants around my calves. For one, they were way to tight around my calves (even a pair that was too big around my waist)and I couldn’t get used to them. I sent them back. I don’t care if they’re camo or not - just want a good pair of lightweight merino blend that go to my ankles. . FL either doesn’t make a lightweight line or they’re sold out because I checked them first.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dameon

WKR
Black Ovis, Icebreaker, or Minus33. Black Ovis is thin and light. I have been wearing the same bottoms for the last week under my EB guide pro pants and they are doing great. I use midweight Icebreaker Apex bottoms for hunting and they are very warm and high quality. I’ve never tried Minus33, but I hear it is similar to Icebreaker.

motts

Lil-Rokslider
Both Icebreaker and Smartwool make 150 weight bottoms. Ibex lists their Woolies 1 as being lightweight, and they're on sale because they're going out of business, but I don't have any first-hand experience with them and can't comment on whether or not they are comparable to the Icebreaker or Smartwool.

FreeRange

WKR
If you can try and put your hands on a few different brands to see what feels right for you. For me I really prefer Icebreaker to Smartwool. They all get holes eventually, I think Smartwool has been the worst for me with wearing out, with Kuiu coming in second as far as poor durability.

OP
BrushyHillGuide
Thanks guys! I’ll check out those brands. Wish I didn’t live in BFE - nowhere to “try” anything. Just gotta order on your recommendation, try it and return it if it doesn’t fit or isn’t right. Buying boots and shoes is a nightmare! lol!

No complaints with the durability of my old Kuiu’s but this new stuff....seems like a fix in search of a problem. Lol. If they want to make yoga pants for guys, that’s fine; but I sure wish they’d have kept making normal bottoms for men. Next thing, they’ll be making merino thong underwear and claiming their innovation shaved more ounces. Jeez they’re retarded sometimes. And I’m an admitted fanboy. Lol

I've had good luck with Icebreaker over the past few seasons. No holes, warm, dries quick, no smell after days of wearing it.

OP
BrushyHillGuide
I ended up getting a couple pairs of Kryptek merino. I’ve worn them a few days and they’re no different than my Kuiu ones were. They were a lot less expensive so, if I get 3+ years out of them, I’ll be happy; but I’ll bet they last just as long.