Sitka Jetstream lite sizing

ChadSchu

FNG
I have been eyeing up the sitka jetstream lite jacket as a layering piece for late season stand hunting. My question is I normally wear a large size jacket or shirt but I want to have several layers underneath. Should I buy an XL so I have enough room?

Thanks
Chad

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chad I have one ordered up should be here on Monday. I ordered a size up which is 3x for me I'll let you know what I think. I've read the lite series is very very snug fit. I have heard on a couple bodcasts the Sitka big game manger talk about how he runs his sitka layering system and he layers over his wind blocker shell. His point was you can drive the moisture though the vapor barrier the closer to your body you place it because of heat. I'm with you putting the shell over everything mostly because it's typically more durable than an insulation layer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I straddle xl and xxl. but usually go xxl. My jet stream is a xxl and has room for layers. I ordered a xxl jetstream lite and it felt like an xl. Would not have been able to layer it. It was also a little to close to a 90% jacket that I like so I returned it. Point being, it is a trim firing garment. Size up, especially if you want to layer.

My jetstream lite jacket is snug at a large. I couldn't comfortably fit a puffy or a vest underneath. I also have a regular jetstream in large and I can fit both a puffy and a vest underneath. If I was to do it over again, I would buy an XL in the jetstream lite.

tttoadman

WKR
I agree that the Jetstream Lite needs to be bought one size up.

This jacket is really only to block the wind and protect your expensive puffy. By itself it does not really hold too much heat in.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Chad my Jetstream lite came today. I went one size up and had no problem getting a thin puffy under it. Can't wait to try it out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Chad,

I have had the jetstream lite, my son also has one. I now have the timberline. The jetstream is cut much tighter through the body than are the mountain and timberlines. It is made to fit tight. In my case, that was good because I could go up a size and it still was nicely fitted, but was long enough for me (i am 6'3"). In a timberline, I needed a large for the girth, like I do for most Sitka stuff, but an xl for length, so my timberline is a little baggier than I would like. XL in jetstream fit great. All that is to say, if you want to wear anything under it, you want to go up a size larger than you would normally. HTH...