First Lite testing a hooded soft shell??

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
I suppose it’s the time of year to begin speculation on what companies will
Be releasing as far as apparel this winter/spring.

On instagram lately, I’ve seen several First Lite guys wearing what looks to me like a hooded soft shell. Has anyone else noticed this?

I hope that’s what it is! My only gripe with the North Branch Jacket has been the lack of a hood and the lack of a chest pocket, and it looks like (at least for the prototype pictured) they fixed both issues!

I can’t wait to see what they release this year. Hoping there’s also a hooded version of the Halstead Fleece on the horizon.

b2039e7074189861774f77ad05fb3f02.jpg
fdffc2e80d37f9d7d4b4d323f006f9aa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
PA_Hunter8

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
I think that might be the Sawtooth merino jacket

I thought so at first but that jacket has a merino hood, this jackets hood is definitely made of that soft shell type material

boom

WKR
i'll buy that first jacket.

i have the northbranch. i love it,but it feels heavy. like the material is thicker..i want a softer soft shell.

OP
PA_Hunter8

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve seen pictures of what I think is a hooded puffy different from the uncompahgre also.

I think they may come out with a down puffy jacket at some point, maybe that’s what you saw?

stevevan

WKR
I believe that is a soft shell that many of us have hoped they would market. If so they'll sell a bunch and I'll be one of the first to place an order!!!!

I think they may come out with a down puffy jacket at some point, maybe that’s what you saw?

That’s what I saw.

I would be interested in both the soft shell and down puffy, if the down puffy would be durable enough to wear as an outer layer at times.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Used both this hunting season and they both worked great. Can really say much else at this point.

colersu22

WKR
Used both this hunting season and they both worked great. Can really say much else at this point.

Lucky, wish I could be on this list to test gear. I like the north branch but I didn't buy one because it didn't have a hood, if it is a soft shell with a hood I will have no problem throwing down some dough.

If you need additional testing Ryan I can PM you my mailing address :D

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Lucky, wish I could be on this list to test gear. I like the north branch but I didn't buy one because it didn't have a hood, if it is a soft shell with a hood I will have no problem throwing down some dough.

If you need additional testing Ryan I can PM you my mailing address :D

Nothing Lucky about it. Build a hunting website, spend thousands of hours in the process for free......... Then you get to test quality gear! HAHA

colersu22

WKR
Is that a sneak peak of a down puffy? I wouldn't want to trade buying items for all the time you, your wife or Robby put into building this site into what it is. I appreciate all the hours and work you guys do so we have a great resource for free.

Dameon

WKR
I hope the soft-shell is a North Branch 2.0 with pit zips and a hood. The bibs are awesome mid to late season brush beaters than can really take a licking, but the jacket has no way to dump heat and the wind resistant properties are thrown out the window without a well designed hood. I’m going to send my jacket out to have put zips added after deer season is over mid January. I picked up a Tundra balaclava for shedding cold wind.

I do think a down puffy is nice (wearing one right now), but it’ll have to be amazing for me to consider replacing my Uncompahgre.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Is that a sneak peak of a down puffy? I wouldn't want to trade buying items for all the time you, your wife or Robby put into building this site into what it is. I appreciate all the hours and work you guys do so we have a great resource for free.

No worries it’s a labor of love!

Here is a really good picture of it, super clear:)
4378245734c0979dbeb67175617839af.jpg