sitka kelvin down ultralite sizing

I am looking at buying a discontinued Sitka kelvin down ultra lite jacket and what size would I need? I usually wear a XL and should I size up? I wear a size 2xl in Jetstream lite jacket and a xl on the kelvin down hoody. Is there another insulating jacket just as good for the weight and size for a mid insulating layer? Thank you

OP
H
Thank you. I can buy a XXL Sitka kelvin ultra lite jacket and I can buy a XL kelvin lite jacket which is my size. What is the main difference between jackets in warmth and packable.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank you. I can buy a XXL Sitka kelvin ultra lite jacket and I can buy a XL kelvin lite jacket which is my size. What is the main difference between jackets in warmth and packable.
Ultra lite is down fill where the lite has synthetic permaloft insulation.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ultra lite is down fill where the lite has synthetic permaloft insulation.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Not quite, The ultra lite is a down/synthetic blend 30/70 I believe not sure on which way the ratio goes. Designed to still be warm when wet but light weight.

The Kelvin Lite is a warmer jacket no question but also bulkier although it still packs pretty well. Think ArcTeryx Atom LT but insulation thickness more similar to the AR. The ultra lite packs very small and will break the wind pretty well because of the fabric and coating for down resistance. Not sure on the wind breaking ability of the Kelvin Lite. Kelvin Lite will breathe better and has a hood.

LostArra

WKR
70 down
30 synthetic
The ultra lite is a blast furnace that weighs nothing but best for stationary use (treestand single digits under my wooltimate is perfect)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk