Sitka kelvin down ultra lite jacket warmth comparison?

What is the difference between Sitka kelvin down ultra lite jacket vs the kelvin active? What about the old kelvin lite jacket with no hood?

KurtR

WKR
the kelvin active is all synthetic insulation and does an excellent job at moving moisture away from your body and drying fast. I dont have the down jacket but a buddy i hunt with does and i would say for static sitting it is a little warmer than the active but the active can fit in a wider array of uses

Kotaman

WKR
the kelvin active is all synthetic insulation and does an excellent job at moving moisture away from your body and drying fast. I dont have the down jacket but a buddy i hunt with does and i would say for static sitting it is a little warmer than the active but the active can fit in a wider array of uses

The Ultra is not just a "little" warmer than the Active. It is WAY warmer. But you aren't going to hike very far in the Ultra. Late season I take my Ultra and my Active as the Active works great as a softshell late season. Early season I just usually take the Active. Quite honestly, I wouldn't want to be without either as they are two VERY different pieces.

KurtR

WKR
Maybe its because i run hot i didnt think it was that much warmer. It wasnt that cold out when we switched to try it to so that could be. It was 15 that day with little wind so still warm by december south dakota standards. I had the core mid weight on under each jacket for comparison. We are planning to coyote hunt on saturday with a high of -3 and 15-20mph winds maybe that will get a better test of each plus some of the other cold weather sitka stuff.

jdk81

FNG
I can compare the active and the kelvin lite, and the kelvin lite is the warmer of the two in my opinion. The active isn't as 'lofty' and definitely works well for an 'active' hunting approach! Amazing layering piece.