2018 for First Lite...30 new pieces.

Xringer07

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like First Lite just posted the video for the Chamberlain down puffy on their Instagram. 25 oz jacket filled with 800 fill power down. That thing is going to be like an oven!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Couple things:
Uncompagre is not going away it is a very different jacket than the Chamberlain. The Uncompagre features super breathable 100gm synthetic 37.5 insulation that works well for cold active hunting. The Chamberlain is based on 8000 meter type jackets. Very very warm but under 2 pounds. the goal was to make a jacket that was as warm as possible for glassing that is highly packable and light so it easily goes into your pack when you begin your stalk.
we are offering the Hallstead with a hood and without.
If any thing we are using more products with 37.5 tech. many more. The soft shell, two weights of aero wool, the down blend just to name a few.
As of late last year the Obsidions now feature a little spandex giving them stretch and durability by virtue of taking strain off of high stress seams.
Sorry no zip off bottoms this summer, but after reading this it is something we will build and test. One question. To me it seems a little weird to make them out of such warm merino. It would seem if you were on the fence between wearing LJ's or not you would want a thiner pair to start then be able to take them off as it warmed up or you has to put in a hard effort.
I hope this helps. thanks-Kenton

Xringer07

Lil-Rokslider
Couple things:
Uncompagre is not going away it is a very different jacket than the Chamberlain. The Uncompagre features super breathable 100gm synthetic 37.5 insulation that works well for cold active hunting. The Chamberlain is based on 8000 meter type jackets. Very very warm but under 2 pounds. the goal was to make a jacket that was as warm as possible for glassing that is highly packable and light so it easily goes into your pack when you begin your stalk.
If any thing we are using more products with 37.5 tech. many more. The soft shell, two weights of aero wool, the down blend just to name a few.
As of late last year the Obsidions now feature a little spandex giving them stretch and durability by virtue of taking strain off of high stress seams.
Sorry no zip off bottoms this summer, but after reading this it is something we will build and test. One question. To me it seems a little weird to make them out of such warm merino. It would seem if you were on the fence between wearing LJ's or not you would want a thiner pair to start then be able to take them off as it warmed up or you has to put in a hard effort.
Thanks for the info, Kenton! Are there any in-line changes to the sizing of the Obsidians or Corrugates? IE small/tall for us tall thin guys?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Benjblt

WKR
Couple things:

I'm very excited to see all these new pieces. To respond to your last question/comment regarding the long johns; I would agree. From my experience a light pair that you can shed to transition to just an outer pair of pants is what I need. I personally bought the 145 weight Kuiu merino wool ones. They are the perfect weight for that step up (putting them down) and step down in warmth (taking them off). To be completely honest the aerowool in a zip-off may have got my money had it been an option.

There have been many times that I started out in the morning when it was absolutely frigid with long johns or a heavy outer pant and realized later that my level of work was producing way too much heat. Zip-offs are so much handier in that situation for me. Just my 2 cents.

Benjblt

WKR
Couple things:

Any new solids?

Hall256

WKR
Any new solids?
Let's hope so...or for the sake of my bank account lets hope not.

With a Cirrus, an Uncompagre, and a Sanctuary jacket in Fusion, ASAT, and Chipher respectively...the only thing I do not have is a solid color that I can use both in town and in the mountain.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
Couple things:

I would do it in the aerowool. You got plenty of great guys on this site that would be good candidates to test them too.

The idea of being able to zip off base layers without taking boots and pants off in the field sounds pretty awesome, something I have never heard of. But wouldnt the zipper next to skin in a base layer be somewhat irritating?

Stwrt9

WKR
The idea of being able to zip off base layers without taking boots and pants off in the field sounds pretty awesome, something I have never heard of. But wouldnt the zipper next to skin in a base layer be somewhat irritating?

At first glance that was.my first thought. But having worn my kuiu 145 zipoffs for that last 2 years you really dont notice the zippers. They are super easy and very funtional for what their intended. I completly agree that possibly first lite offering them in the Aerowool category would be a good idea as apposed to the heavier wool. Once the y emps drop to when i need something heavier i tend to not need to take off my long johns. Josh

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
The chamberlain is a HEATER! I had several long sits glassing at around 10 degrees. I thought it might not be as windproof as I would like but it turned out to be very windproof. I also busted a little brush with it. While not recommended it didn’t rip either.
2e229264ea05e0a8bd768daf34982784.jpg

dd25c1dbc03145eb0f6de8febcef82a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtnkid85

WKR
Real interested in the new down puffy! At 25oz its substantially heavier than my ~18oz Feathered Friends hooded Helios though. What is the down fill weight? Sorry, my question wasn't clear. How many oz of fill is what I am wondering about.

Also yes! PLEASE do a zip off bottom in aerowool for us!

Last edited:

colersu22

WKR
How was it compared to the unconpaugre puffy Ryan? How did it compare to the Kifaru puffy? I have the unconpaugre now but was looking at the Kifaru since everyone talks about how warm it is and just wondering if I should consider the down puffy. I do like how robust the Kifaru puffy is though.

Couple things:

Awesome. Yes, mid to lightweight for the win. Some kind of flap so the zipper doesn’t chafe. If you need a tester, I am a 38 waist and wear an xl in your bottoms. For reference, a lot of People say that I am built like Ryan Calghan, except taller and more muscular and I don’t have the beer gut, badass stache and smoldering sex appeal that he does.

dotman

WKR
Couple things:

Thanks for listening!!! Many days I have seen a 50* swing in temps while hunting, sometimes more during Sep. It is nice to have the option of removing or adding them as needed easily. I haven’t used my FL bottoms now in two years during archery and have just put up with the cold but I held off buying the kuiu in hopes FL would offer this, merino is far superior to puffy pants from Sep into early Oct as you know.

I think the Aerowool blend would be better then a 95% or 100% option.

TheCougar

WKR
150-200 weight FULL length zip offs should do the trick. The sign for the chamberlin said 800 fill. It’s a very puffy puffy, and it does look like an oven.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
How was it compared to the unconpaugre puffy Ryan? How did it compare to the Kifaru puffy? I have the unconpaugre now but was looking at the Kifaru since everyone talks about how warm it is and just wondering if I should consider the down puffy. I do like how robust the Kifaru puffy is though.

It’s much warmer that the unpronounceable. It’s also warmer than the lost park parka. But is not as durable or as rain resistant as the LPP.

If you put a shell over the Chamberlain it’s a furnace!

IdahoElk

WKR
The chamberlain is a HEATER! I had several long sits glassing at around 10 degrees. I thought it might not be as windproof as I would like but it turned out to be very windproof. I also busted a little brush with it. While not recommended it didn’t rip either.
2e229264ea05e0a8bd768daf34982784.jpg

dd25c1dbc03145eb0f6de8febcef82a9.jpg

Very nice! does anyone know the ballpark price and when it will be available?