2018 for First Lite...30 new pieces.

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
Am I the only one that's annoyed that First Lite doesn't provide all the information associated with their new 2018 lineup right away? Price point, colors, features, etc? Rather than tease us with what's coming out, provide all the basic info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s annoying because I want to know, but it’s brilliant marketing.

Couple things:
Uncompagre is not going away it is a very different jacket than the Chamberlain. The Uncompagre features super breathable 100gm synthetic 37.5 insulation that works well for cold active hunting. The Chamberlain is based on 8000 meter type jackets. Very very warm but under 2 pounds. the goal was to make a jacket that was as warm as possible for glassing that is highly packable and light so it easily goes into your pack when you begin your stalk.
we are offering the Hallstead with a hood and without.
If any thing we are using more products with 37.5 tech. many more. The soft shell, two weights of aero wool, the down blend just to name a few.
As of late last year the Obsidions now feature a little spandex giving them stretch and durability by virtue of taking strain off of high stress seams.
Sorry no zip off bottoms this summer, but after reading this it is something we will build and test. One question. To me it seems a little weird to make them out of such warm merino. It would seem if you were on the fence between wearing LJ's or not you would want a thiner pair to start then be able to take them off as it warmed up or you has to put in a hard effort.
I hope this helps. thanks-Kenton
I would've 100% bought zip-off longjohns from you guys if they were available this year. Looks like I'll have to buy a pair of Kuiu zip-offs now. When you make them, I would recommend not a heavy weight like the Allegheny but somewhere closer to the 150gr range.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
G

gearjunkie

Lil-Rokslider
First Lite sent out an email for more product reveals at the "Sheep Show" Booths 1136 and 1142. Also the Western Hunt Expo in UT and Pacific Northwest Sportsmans Show OR. Don't see any mention of an east coast show yet. I mean I kind of get it. Alot of East Coast hunters are more apt to go to Walmart and run that junk out here due the demands on the equipment. Up until a few years ago I hunted strictly in my old school wool double cape Woolrich coat and pants. Although there are less guys that may "need" super high end. There are alot of hardcore guys out here, we may not spend a week at a time above 10,000 feet but I spend at least 12 days straight at my hunting camp without coming down. I put on a minimum of 4 miles a day and usually gain and lose at least 3,000 feet in elevation. I really hope i get to put my hands on some of this entire new line before ordering.

I also understand that First Lite probably doesn't need to go crazy marketing to everyone with the explosion of the brand in the past few years. I really think that a lot of East Coast turkey hunters that saw Fusion would drool for hardwoods concealment. I'm surprised there has not been a turkey vest offering yet. I am the only person in my area that I have seen that even knows about FL never mind wears it. I've been spreading the word but I am only one man! :D

PS some First Lite pack designs would be great, or maybe companies that license the Cipher and Fusion. So I can look like that much more of a poser.

Last edited:

Squirrels

WKR
First Lite sent out an email for more product reveals at the "Sheep Show" Booths 1136 and 1142. Also the Western Hunt Expo in UT and Pacific Northwest Sportsmans Show OR. Don't see any mention of an east coast show yet. I mean I kind of get it. Alot of East Coast hunters are more apt to go to Walmart and run that junk out here due the demands on the equipment. Up until a few years ago I hunted strictly in my old school wool double cape Woolrich coat and pants. Although there are less guys that may "need" super high end. There are alot of hardcore guys out here, we may not spend a week at a time above 10,000 feet but I spend at least 12 days straight at my hunting camp without coming down. I put on a minimum of 4 miles a day and usually gain and lose at least 3,000 feet in elevation. I really hope i get to put my hands on some of this entire new line before ordering.

I also understand that First Lite probably doesn't need to go crazy marketing to everyone with the explosion of the brand in the past few years. I really think that a lot of East Coast turkey hunters that saw Fusion would drool for hardwoods concealment. I'm surprised there has not been a turkey vest offering yet. I am the only person in my area that I have seen that even knows about FL never mind wears it. I've been spreading the word but I am only one man! :D

PS some First Lite pack designs would be great, or maybe companies that license the Cipher and Fusion. So I can look like that much more of a poser.

EXO will be offering their packs in Fusion in a couple months.

I was just thinking the same thing. I really need a fusion turkey vest. I might be one of three people not wearing realtree in the Valley here in VA.

OP
G

gearjunkie

Lil-Rokslider
Oh great! 500 more on a pack! Between FL and EXO I’ll be living in my car! Sometimes I envy the hunters that don’t need the best crap out there to feel normal in the woods. I defiantly have a problem. My only saving grace is hunting with a Ruger American All weather compact with a cabelas Euro scope. I think all said and done a 700 dollar combo. But I’ll be darned if I don’t love that little gun after a rattle can paint job.

Last edited:

Squirrels

WKR
This has been confirmed?

Yes confirmed, this was posted by Steve in the 2018 EXO thread under the backpack subforum:

Hey guys in general we don't have a lot of changes coming for 2018. But here are the bullet points of what is changing and why:

- First Lite Fusion will be a stocked color across the product line (we are building these now and they should start shipping in early March) We'll be making an official announcement here in early February.

- Due to the popularity of adding Ranger Green last year and adding Fusion this year we will be phasing out Coyote Brown. Being a small company it makes it very hard for us to keep stock up if we have too many color options. We will keep accessories available all year but won't be producing any new bags or frames in Coyote Brown after March 1st.

Thanks,
Steve

josh4839

FNG
now this stop me dead in my tracks to wait and let my bank account grow.
3345aa2d7cda6fddb5befdad26f0a89f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
I was hoping for a price reduction if they are making all the savings of going direct at least pass through some savings to the consumer. I did go head and buy some zip off base layers on kuius winter sales this week.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
After talking to Kenton about prices, I think people are going to be very happy!

The only issue is with Merino, it's not cheap to buy at the source and has been going up substantially every year.

Last edited:

josh4839

FNG
I was hoping for a price reduction if they are making all the savings of going direct at least pass through some savings to the consumer. I did go head and buy some zip off base layers on kuius winter sales this week.
I think it would be a shift in the right direction to help the hesitant and the newbies take a shot at the new line. I know some feel betrayed by the money they spent and not hold it's value.

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
How about some windproof waterproof mid-weight gloves with an opening for a bow release? Never liked the Softshell and they are not water proof.

josh4839

FNG
First lite. Are you keeping your same procedures and policy when it comes to returns?

Hall256

WKR
I was just thinking the same thing. I really need a fusion turkey vest. I might be one of three people not wearing realtree in the Valley here in VA.
I saw a guy in a Wawa near Shenandoah wearing some First Lite, only other guy I have ever seen wearing it in that part if the state...would be comical if it was you...LOL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Mz71

FNG
Another item i have been hoping for is a liner glove (or any glove) with a open index finger and thumb only. Something like the Sitka fanatic glove.
Right now I just cut the finger and thumb off and buy a new pair every year or two when the fraying gets too bad.

asac12

FNG
I'm looking forward to the SEAK pants. Hopefully they'll be relatively lightweight and the fit will be less tapered as with the Stormtight pants.

OP
G

gearjunkie

Lil-Rokslider
So we have three weights of wool baselayers to chose from now 150, 250, 350 all redesigned. All of my previous layering questions have been hit with a 3.5 inch turkey load. I’m going to have to use an excel spreadsheet to figure out what to buy. Hey First Lite I’ll test all of your new items for you from Striper fishing on the Hudson River, camping and fishing in the Adirondacks, fishing the salmon river for steelhead wading when it’s in the teens out, to deer season in the Catskills through to spring turkey. Every temp and form of precipitation from 100 degrees to 0. Just send me one of everything ok? I’ll write in depth reviews on every piece I promise! Then I’ll help design the ultimate turkey vest. What a dream that would be to work for a company like FL.

Last edited: