2018 for First Lite...30 new pieces.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
The sound is a little wonky in a few spots. First time using external mics.

Now just waiting for the pricing. Any idea on when that information will be released? Just how much of a "steal" is the Catalyst Jacket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Now just waiting for the pricing. Any idea on when that information will be released? Just how much of a "steal" is the Catalyst Jacket?

Kenton said soon:) If the price is what he told me, it's absolutely a "steal"

Also, should I buy the North Branch Jacket or wait and buy the Catalyst? What's your opinion?

The Catalyst... I like the North Branch jacket, for wear around town but beyond that I can't find a use for it that a puffy and rain jacket don't already provide. That said, I am not a fan of soft shell jackets, so maybe my advice doesn't matter much.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I only hunt with a SS after it snows. I never liked the north branch, but I love the fit of the catalyst. But if I were you I would get a sawtooth

I only hunt with a SS after it snows. I never liked the north branch, but I love the fit of the catalyst. But if I were you I would get a sawtooth

Ryan.... You stated that you wear a large Jetstream and a large on the catalyst, but you're a "fat kid."

What size suit coat do you wear. You know, the one jacket in your closet that you wear to funerals and weddings because it's really the same thing just different music.

Thanks

Just my 2 cents and worth the price charged.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Dude... I've never wore a suit coat! But that music shit is damn funny. I'm 5'8 205-210 and wear a large in some and an XL in others. First Lite definitely change to a more athletic cut IMO. But not like Kuiu more in-line with Sitka fit.

You're not helping!

Xringer07

Lil-Rokslider
Dude... I've never wore a suit coat! But that music shit is damn funny. I'm 5'8 205-210 and wear a large in some and an XL in others. First Lite definitely change to a more athletic cut IMO. But not like Kuiu more in-line with Sitka fit.

Ryan,

Did they make any tweaks in fit on the existing pants? More athletic?

Thanks!

Steadman

WKR
Thanks for the review Ryan. So glad they are coming out with a vest! Some good peices in the new line up. See you the the SL expo

Benjblt

WKR

So I heard Kenton say that the lighter baselayers were going to fit a half size bigger. . I bought a wilkin half-zip when they first came out and for the first time a First Lite shirt fit me perfect. I'm 5'8" and 175. I'm typically a Medium. When the short-sleeve minaret came out, I was like "I got this. No question the Medium should fit just like the long sleeve version." But not so. It fit like a muscle shirt. Shouldn't they have fit the same just with the sleeves lopped off just before the elbow? . . So my question is; does it seem like they are going to correct this? Would I be assuming the Medium Minaret would fit me just right since it was too tight by about a 1/3 too small a size?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
So I heard Kenton say that the lighter baselayers were going to fit a half size bigger. . I bought a wilkin half-zip when they first came out and for the first time a First Lite shirt fit me perfect. I'm 5'8" and 175. I'm typically a Medium. When the short-sleeve minaret came out, I was like "I got this. No question the Medium should fit just like the long sleeve version." But not so. It fit like a muscle shirt. Shouldn't they have fit the same just with the sleeves lopped off just before the elbow? . . So my question is; does it seem like they are going to correct this? Would I be assuming the Medium Minaret would fit me just right since it was too tight by about a 1/3 too small a size?

I asked him that very question. With the new sizing if you where a large you should wear a large skin to shell. But I will say I have not tried all the pieces.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ryan,

Did they make any tweaks in fit on the existing pants? More athletic?

Thanks!

Only tried the 2018 SEAK pants. They are much more athletic cut than the storm tight pants.

Sadler

WKR
Are they upgrading the merino on the sawtooth with their new merino x, or is it going to stay the same?