2018 for First Lite...30 new pieces.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I'm pretty sure he said it's going to 350 also. Don't quote me on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dplantz

Lil-Rokslider
So I heard Kenton say that the lighter baselayers were going to fit a half size bigger. . I bought a wilkin half-zip when they first came out and for the first time a First Lite shirt fit me perfect. I'm 5'8" and 175. I'm typically a Medium. When the short-sleeve minaret came out, I was like "I got this. No question the Medium should fit just like the long sleeve version." But not so. It fit like a muscle shirt. Shouldn't they have fit the same just with the sleeves lopped off just before the elbow? . . So my question is; does it seem like they are going to correct this? Would I be assuming the Medium Minaret would fit me just right since it was too tight by about a 1/3 too small a size?
They actually weren't previously intended to fit the same. All the different shirts were designed to fit over each other in a layering system. Apparently they felt they went a little extreme with the sizing differences between styles. Hopefully they still layer over each other appropriately.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Benjblt

WKR
They actually weren't previously intended to fit the same. All the different shirts were designed to fit over each other in a layering system. Apparently they felt they went a little extreme with the sizing differences between styles. Hopefully they still layer over each other appropriately.

That's the thing with baselayers, they can still fit over each other and be the same size. Also, if you are going with the theory you mention the two Aerowools I mentioned were the same weight. . .so they should have fit the same.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Man. If the sawtooth has the new merinoX, I can’t wait to get one! That’s gonna be amazing.

ChrisS

WKR
The one chama I had (non-hoody) was in a large, but was about 4 inches too short and the bottom/waist area was way too large. The shoulders and chest fit fine. Everything else I've had from FL fits like it should.

OP
G

gearjunkie

Lil-Rokslider
The one chama I had (non-hoody) was in a large, but was about 4 inches too short and the bottom/waist area was way too large. The shoulders and chest fit fine. Everything else I've had from FL fits like it should.

Sounds like they fixed that billowing bottom on the Chama type pieces with elastic.

Sadler

WKR
To answer my own question about the sawtooth, and whoever else was wondering about it having merino X, first lite just sent me this

Hey Josh,

Thanks for reaching out. The Sawtooth will feature the new Merino X for durability purposes. The lighter weight merino pieces will stay full merino and some of the heavier ones will have Merino X.

To answer my own question about the sawtooth, and whoever else was wondering about it having merino X, first lite just sent me this

Hey Josh,

Thanks for reaching out. The Sawtooth will feature the new Merino X for durability purposes. The lighter weight merino pieces will stay full merino and some of the heavier ones will have Merino X.

I just received a 2017 model Sawtooth and noticed the tag says the shell is 95% merino, 5% spandex.. I thought the spandex was a new Merino-X thing??

dplantz

Lil-Rokslider
I just received a 2017 model Sawtooth and noticed the tag says the shell is 95% merino, 5% spandex.. I thought the spandex was a new Merino-X thing??
2017 catalog does call it "Merino interlock". They don't refer to anything else with that description. Probably was their first go at the Merino spandex blend and now they're putting it in everything.

Dwight.MT

FNG
Thanks again for the new product info Ryan. So that makes the Catalyst a little lighter than the KUIU Guide jacket (24 oz). IMO any time you can make a product lighter than KUIU you're doing all right.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Few people have PMed me on the weight of the Halstead Hoody. It's 14.8 oz