2018 for First Lite...30 new pieces.

ellsworb

Lil-Rokslider
You may be partially correct but that still wouldn't solve it for me. I could possibly get away with a medium in both but as you can see from the photos below I'd still have issues. The difference in torso length and girth doesn't match up. I just snapped some quick photos to illustrate what I'm trying to describe. I promise I'm not stretching the Chama out, I could make it look much worse if I wanted. It's significantly more baggy in the midsection and, as you can see, way shorter than the wilkin. Why would the mid layer be so much shorter and wider? Am I supposed to wear the Chama over a puffy? Remember, these are both size large. Should I be wearing a medium wilkin to and a small Chama? I wonder what a small Chama would do to me torso lengthwise.. Don't get me wrong, I love the Chama and wear it a lot, I'm just trying to point out my experience with the fit and where I hope they are making improvements this year.
00c697cb837ecc024aca68c7ebafaa52.jpg
de68aaad617e5f5409bcc4c6379813d3.jpg
00098d91f9734d0ea093e2a4f26321e3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My Wilkin and Chama look exactly the same. . also both in Large. Wilkin is perfect fit (as far as I am concerned) for the base. . but the Chama is just too billowy and short.

This is some of the consistency I'm talking about being addressed in the 2018 line. A M in the 150 Aero is going to be similar to a M in the 250 Merino X. . and each of those are going to fit correctly under a M Softshell/Puffy/ and all of that will fit appropriately under a M SEAK (as an example). Or at least that's how it's been described to me at a couple of shows that First Lite attended.

Happy to be informed otherwise if that doesn't seem correct to the rest of Rokslide though. . cause it'll likely affect my purchasing!

Many people have issues. Just read my post two posts ago. Has very little to do with the chart when two different style of the same fabric i n the same weight for completely different.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Ya I read it before I posted. I've personally never had an issue is all I'm saying. I have a Llano and Wilkin aerowool both in medium and they fit perfectly, and they fit the same. My medium Chama fits perfectly over them and my medium uncompahgre fits perfectly over that. Their layering system has always worked and fit exactly as advertised on their website in the sizing chart, for me. It sounds like if someone doesnt have an athletic build that the pieces don't fit perfectly, which makes sense for a technical clothing brand.

mikear

Lil-Rokslider
Ya I read it before I posted. I've personally never had an issue is all I'm saying. I have a Llano and Wilkin aerowool both in medium and they fit perfectly, and they fit the same. My medium Chama fits perfectly over them and my medium uncompahgre fits perfectly over that. Their layering system has always worked and fit exactly as advertised on their website in the sizing chart, for me. It sounds like if someone doesnt have an athletic build that the pieces don't fit perfectly, which makes sense for a technical clothing brand.

This has been my experience as well. Everything is size large. The Wilkin goes under the Chama, the Chama under the Uncompahgre vest, and the Woodbury or North Branch over those. I’m 5’9”ish and 205 lb. Please note that everything was new in 2017 in case they’ve made sizing adjustments over time.

Lol....I too have finally experienced sizing woes. I bought some Obsidians and based on their size chart I am supposed to be a medium tall. I received the pants and they were a bit too long. I just kept them and decided to buy a regular length medium in the Corrugated Guide pants but those are basically floods on me. So I’m stickkng with the slightly too long MT on the pants from here. Guess my hunting buddy is going to receive a free pair of pants from me since I got them on the the soup sale lol

twall13

WKR
Lol....I too have finally experienced sizing woes. I bought some Obsidians and based on their size chart I am supposed to be a medium tall. I received the pants and they were a bit too long. I just kept them and decided to buy a regular length medium in the Corrugated Guide pants but those are basically floods on me. So I’m stickkng with the slightly too long MT on the pants from here. Guess my hunting buddy is going to receive a free pair of pants from me since I got them on the the soup sale lol
Ya, I wear a large in the Kanab 2.0 and a Medium Tall in the Corrugates... I know exactly what you are talking about.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tater86

Lil-Rokslider
All-I got confirmation from Nate on the chat for First Lite that all of the items will be loaded to the website with pricing and pre-order available on March 20th. Keep an eye out.

I hope there is more detailed information released on the pieces inside and out kind of like the Bean Outdoors youtube videos since this is all direct now. I am planning to spring for the Catalyst Set and maybe the "Furnace" (350 wt merino) I wonder if that is just the tops in the different weights or will bottoms be available in these weights as well? The only thing worse than waiting for the release will be waiting for the gear....

dplantz

Lil-Rokslider
I think their pants are designed to be nearly flood height. I know a lot of guys don't like the shorter length, skinny jeans look, but I think it's intentional to avoid excess fabric getting caught on brush, under boots, etc.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

dplantz

Lil-Rokslider
New YouTube vids just posted for Merino x and aerowool pieces. My only question, after watching these vids, is why they will have a male model stand around in his underwear, but they use a manikin for the women's underwear?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Don't they have both these?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feel free to put up some links,,,I’ll wait (Haha). They soon will be making the true puffy and I couldn’t be happier to have a thick down hooded coat with the awesome pockets/cuts FL runs! Throw some pit zips on the vapor and I’ll be set.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
I tried the seak and its a great jacket, but I was wanting the vapor with pit zips. Only downfall to that jacket is no pits, I wanted a ultralight pit zip thats packable.
You should just get a Sitka DewPoint if you want an ultralight shell with pit zips. Not sure that FL will ever put zips on the Vapor

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk