2018 for First Lite...30 new pieces.

Benjblt

WKR
Some of the prices seem pretty reasonable, but the NEW halstead and NEW chama are more expensive then last years model, bummer. Overall im pretty excited. I didnt think the price for the chamberlin was to bad considering the price for kuiu's puffy.
And its weird the Halstead is so expensive when it was merino wool that supposedly went up. Looks like all great stuff though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Conundrum

FNG
The Chamberlin seems fair if you look at the fill and overall weight. Patagonia 800 fill, 24oz jacket=$899, Kuiu Super Down 850 fill, 14 oz jacket, $400, WM Meltdown 850 fill 17 oz with a Rollie hood=$475, Kifaru Lost Park, synthetic fill, 23-25 oz=$245 but not really down a down parka if that’s what you’re looking for, Sitka Kelvin 750 fill, 27 oz=$389, Marmot Guide 700 fill, 23 oz=$250.

Sure, you can find sales on a lot of down jackets. All the weights won’t matter if the jacket doesn’t have much fill regardless of how good it is. We’ll see how warm it is but I think $360 is definitely in the mix if it’s quality and I bet it is.

Stwrt9

WKR
I thought they said the prices would go down slightly, now that their Direct. Some prices haven't budged at all such as the Obsidians?

NDGuy

WKR
I thought they said the prices would go down slightly, now that their Direct. Some prices haven't budged at all such as the Obsidians?

Have they updated their shipping policy yet? I don't want to pay shipping two ways if something doesn't fit.

Pretty sure a few prices on the old pieces haven't been modified yet. Uncompahgre for instance was $250 and it's still $250 but the description says "$200.00 - $215.00" ... not sure on Obsidian but I know it's heavy on the merino

4IDARCHER

WKR
Another year, another $$$$ spent on FL. I should just ask them for a round number for the total price of everything they are puttting our next year so I can just have it taken out of my check, like daycare.

Benjblt

WKR
Pretty sure a few prices on the old pieces haven't been modified yet. Uncompahgre for instance was $250 and it's still $250 but the description says "$200.00 - $215.00" ... not sure on Obsidian but I know it's heavy on the merino

The new Aerowools are essentially the same pricing as the old one's, almost exactly. I remember hearing we'd be "very happy with the new pricing". It's fine. It's not new. It's the same. Probably fair pricing though. Hopefully the stuff fits more consistent.

dotman

WKR
The new Aerowools are essentially the same pricing as the old one's, almost exactly. I remember hearing we'd be "very happy with the new pricing". It's fine. It's not new. It's the same. Probably fair pricing though. Hopefully the stuff fits more consistent.

I’ve noticed some stuff is cheaper but not significantly. Better then a price increase.

bigharge

WKR
So I’m new to this pre-order/pre-launch game. If I don’t per-order now, will I be out of luck trying to get some by September?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just saw on the website this morning that they will now be doing free returns on items bought from them starting June. Nice job First Lite!

dotman

WKR
So I’m new to this pre-order/pre-launch game. If I don’t per-order now, will I be out of luck trying to get some by September?

I would say that could be a possibility.

Well, I pulled the trigger on the Catalyst Set, 350 quarter Zip, mid weight liner gloves, and mid weight neck gaiter in fusion to start the ASAT conversion. Wanted to add the 350 bottoms but the cart total had me thinking do I really need to do this after the initial total so I will recover a little and add them on in the future. Buy once, cry once...or twice...now for the wait....

sneaky

"DADDY"
Just saw on the website this morning that they will now be doing free returns on items bought from them starting June. Nice job First Lite!
I bet that's the reason they aren't dropping prices. The middle man markup is being used to absorb projected shipping costs for returns.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bigharge

WKR
The free return shipping will be awesome to make sure of a great fit. My only short term concern is come june when once fill all these preorders I might be waiting on a different size for awhile if I need to return.

As for the products themselves, I'm excited to upgrade or update a few of my items. That catalyst looks like an awesome set for sure, but Ive just never been a big softshell guy, so ill be letting others give that a go this year and maybe rethink it next year.

Also a couple notes on sizing after talking with First Lite, they told me the sawtooth sizing was fixed to be more streamlined and not to worry about ordering up a size. Also the catalyst and fleece were said to be more of an athletic fit so if I was in between sizes to go ahead and size up. This might have been mentioned somewhere in the last 24 pages on here but figured Id pass along what helped me determine my order.

The Chamberlin seems fair if you look at the fill and overall weight. Patagonia 800 fill, 24oz jacket=$899, Kuiu Super Down 850 fill, 14 oz jacket, $400, WM Meltdown 850 fill 17 oz with a Rollie hood=$475, Kifaru Lost Park, synthetic fill, 23-25 oz=$245 but not really down a down parka if that’s what you’re looking for, Sitka Kelvin 750 fill, 27 oz=$389, Marmot Guide 700 fill, 23 oz=$250.

Sure, you can find sales on a lot of down jackets. All the weights won’t matter if the jacket doesn’t have much fill regardless of how good it is. We’ll see how warm it is but I think $360 is definitely in the mix if it’s quality and I bet it is.
Don't forget SKRE Ptarmigan 850 fill down weighing 12oz for $229. Wait for the next sale at 10-20% off and it'll be even less expensive.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I talked to them this morning, sounds like the sawtooth sleeves were loosened up a bit, aerowool basically fits the same as old, and the Uncompahgre still fits pretty loose.

On pricing: it’s about what I expected, and I think pricing on the chamberlain is pretty decent when you look at what’s in it. You have to consider their size/volume as well when comparing to a kuiu or Sitka, etc.

SUMMIT75

WKR
I made a small video on the Catalyst system on the Facebook trader firstlite page,i'll try to post it here as well for anyone wondering about that system.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I’ve answered this already but been getting asked about the Chamberlain vs The Lost Park Parka. The Chamberlin is substantially warmer than the LPP. They are about even on wind cutting. But the LPP is much better at busting brush and keep rain out. The Chamberlin is truly designed as a glassing or static jacket. It would have to be below zero to hike very far in that jacket.
2e51ab8267d3b33b32391cfe8c79a632.jpg

7cd67881168997e4a9db26e7cb6a4837.jpg

NDGuy

WKR
I’ve answered this already but been getting asked about the Chamberlain vs The Lost Park Parka. The Chamberlin is substantially warmer than the LPP. They are about even on wind cutting. But the LPP is much better at busting brush and keep rain out. The Chamberlin is truly designed as a glassing or static jacket. It would have to be below zero to hike very far in that jacket.
2e51ab8267d3b33b32391cfe8c79a632.jpg

7cd67881168997e4a9db26e7cb6a4837.jpg

So would you say the LPP is closer to the Uncomphagre warmth wise?