2018 for First Lite...30 new pieces.

fnf01

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like the jacket that compares best to the Chamberlin is the Kelvin down hoody from Sitka. Similar in weight and amount of fill. Both serve the same purpose. Cold weather, don't walk around in it type jackets.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Looks like Sitka discontinued the kelvin hoody for 2018, anyone know what/if it’s getting replaced? Would explain why they’ve been on Camofire a bunch. Retail was close to the chamberlain but Sitka had them slashed to $260 and Camofire and scheels has/have them for less I believe . Not sure the amount of insulation but the kelvin lite says it’s 80g/m2 seems about half the chamberlain if I remember from earlier in the thread.

*edit the kelvin had 170g/m2 for total of about 8oz of Primaloft

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
Looks like Sitka discontinued the kelvin hoody for 2018, anyone know what/if it’s getting replaced? Would explain why they’ve been on Camofire a bunch. Retail was close to the chamberlain but Sitka had them slashed to $260 and Camofire and scheels has/have them for less I believe . Not sure the amount of insulation but the kelvin lite says it’s 80g/m2 seems about half the chamberlain if I remember from earlier in the thread.

They have a new version of it with a brushed windstopper shell, can't remember what they changed the name to this year. That and the Chamberlin both appear to be good choices for late season stuff

sneaky

"DADDY"
You use a puffy in a tree stand bow hunting? Aren’t you worried about scaring game? I
doubt the Chamberlain is a quiet material.

(correct me if I’m wrong though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's quieter than the Uncompaghre.

You use a puffy in a tree stand bow hunting? Aren’t you worried about scaring game? I
doubt the Chamberlain is a quiet material.

(correct me if I’m wrong though)

I was thinking for rifle season. Right now if I have hike and wear my Woodbury I get a little sweaty. I think carrying the chamberlin would be the way to go.

Definitely want to try the catalyst for bow season. I think the catalyst with a fleece would be plenty for bow season.

NDGuy

WKR
It's quieter than the Uncompaghre.

Are you shitting me? I thought the Unpronounceable was pretty quiet, that’s nuts if true.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Are you shitting me? I thought the Unpronounceable was pretty quiet, that’s nuts if true.

I've tree stand hunted with the first gen Unc puffy and had no issues. When i checked out the Chamberlin in person at the Hunt Expo it definitely felt like it had a softer hand. Others I'm sure will chime in on it

Yea. I agree. The uncompaghre vest might make some noise when walking. But slight movement isn’t making a lot of noise.

How quite is the corrugate jacket?

Also does anyone wish they would create a jacket with Woodbury/sanctuary outer material and no insulation? Or is that basically what the catalyst is?

Kotaman

WKR

Kelvin Down WS replaces the down Kelvin. 250 g of Primaloft with a water resistant, wind stopper shell.

sneaky

"DADDY"
So about 8 oz. Of synthetic. Vs. 13 oz of 800 down/synthetic blend. Apples and oranges.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Windstopper vs non windstopper, so, yes, apples to oranges. Both are down blends.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
So about 8 oz. Of synthetic. Vs. 13 oz of 800 down/synthetic blend. Apples and oranges.

Why give him a hard time? Seriously? If you’re going to reject someone’s input or let them know their thoughts are invalid, you might want to google his screen name.....Regardless of intent I think a Sitka comparison is pretty relevant, especially for those that keep up on how each company is leveraging design concepts.

it’s about the most comparable product out there - the Primaloft is a 70/30 down synthetic blend, just like the Chamberlain is a blend. Granted the fill weight may be different between the two.

dplantz

Lil-Rokslider
Windstopper vs non windstopper, so, yes, apples to oranges. Both are down blends.

And he proves he's not here for an honest discussion, but to be a brand apologist

MT_Wyatt

WKR
And he proves he's not here for an honest discussion, but to be a brand apologist

Dude you need to bounce and pack that crap somewhere else, not on Rokslide. FL was on this thread. But when you inject stuff like this “brand apologist” nonsense you make it so they need to stay away.

You’re on a FL thread attacking someone for mentioning Sitka and “defending” a jacket based on specs. Who cares if it’s WS. This is why people stop using forums.

sneaky

"DADDY"

Lol. I used to be a dealer for First Lite and own a ton of their gear, and Sitka, and Kryptek.

twall13

WKR
Just a little clarification. Fill power refers to the type of down used. IE 600,700,800. The quantity of down refers to how much down is used. So on our Chamberlin puffy we use 13oz/370gm of our down/38.5 blend. So we use 13 oz of 800 fill power down in a med jacket. The over all weight is 24 oz. I hope this helps.
Ever since I heard this thing has 13 Oz. of fill I've been thinking about how much that is for a jacket. For comparison, I have a Hammock Gear Burrow Top Quilt rated at 30°. That quilt has 9 Oz. of 850 down fill and it's a quilt that covers my entire body. Granted 850 down vs. 800 down/synthetic blend isn't apples to apples but it gives you a decent idea. The Chamberlin will be an absolute oven.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ever since I heard this thing has 13 Oz. of fill I've been thinking about how much that is for a jacket. For comparison, I have a Hammock Gear Burrow Top Quilt rated at 30°. That quilt has 9 Oz. of 850 down fill and it's a quilt that covers my entire body. Granted 850 down vs. 800 down/synthetic blend isn't apples to apples but it gives you a decent idea. The Chamberlin will be an absolute oven.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It is an oven! On the hunt in the picture below it’s around 15 degrees. I had about a mile walk back to the truck in the dark. Being lazy I left the Chamberlin on. The hike back is really not bad, a little up hill as I leave, but pretty flat after that. I made it to the top of that little hill and had to take the jacket off. Don’t be lazy:)

1cdf9c54da392c8c1aec1d1052ccad78.jpg

Gorp2007

WKR
Has anyone tried the new Wick boxers or boxer briefs? I'm looking to pick up a pair or eight and I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. I've got a pair of the Benmores and like them a lot, but I'm tempted by the promise of wool blend boxers.

Kotaman

WKR

Sorry you didn't like the answer, but it's the best I can do. Someone asked a question. I answered the question. Let's go a little slower, and in depth:

Here's the Kelvin Down Hoodie that fnf01 posted about that is being discontinued:

FABRIC DETAILS
- Shell // 20d Polyester Ripstop w/ DWR Finish
- Lining // 20d Polyester Ripstop
- Baffle Box Construction

FEATURES
- 2 Deep Hand Pockets
- 2 Internal Chest Pockets
- Single Handed Hood Adjustment
- Dual Adjustable Waist Cord
- Stuff Bag Included

TECHNOLOGY
- PrimaLoft® Down Blend Gold
- 30% PrimaLoft®
- 70% 750 Fill Power Water-Resistant European Goose Down

WEIGHT
27.2 oz. ; Large
8.1 oz Fill Weight ; Large

Here are the specs on the Kelvin Down WS that is REPLACING the above:

FABRIC DETAILS
- 250 Grams of PrimaLoft® Insulation (70% Water-Resistant European Goose Down, 30% PrimaLoft® Gold® Synthetic Insulation), Water-Resistant® GORE WINDSTOPPER® Shell

FEATURES
- Brimmed hood to shed water
- Internal stash pockets for drying wet gear
- Stuff Sack
- Durable Water Repellent Finish

TECHNOLOGY
- GORE® WINDSTOPPER®
- PrimaLoft®

I don't think this is as "apples to oranges" as you think it is.

And now, back to topic...The new Chamberlain looks interesting. Will be anxious to see how small it packs up. I'm already huge fan of the Uncompaghre (jacket and pants) and Sawtooth from FL. So glad they're coming with some interesting softshell choices. Interesting times for FL!

Justin_the_EDG

Lil-Rokslider
Waffling around on which Aerowool top/tops to pick up. Any opinions on if there's a functional reason to look at the Henley vs a Quarter Zip in the Fuse weight? Just curious if there's something I'm missing? Or if it's just a fashion thing.

As a point of illustrating, I keep hearing people talk about being excited for the 350 Furnace Henley, but very few mentions of the 350 QZ. Only thing I can see is a difference in the collar, but even in that, on the 200 weight, it's an extremely slight change.

Justin, also notice the chest pocket on the 350 QZ. I went with the QZ for the collar and the chest pocket. I plan to run the llano, chama, furnace top with allagheny and Furnace bottom under the Catalyst Set for stand hunting Whitetails as needed for conditions so I can reserve the heavy Sanctuary and Woodbury for the coldest situations which are rare except for the exception of this past year with some windy days in the teens.

The Fuse QZ appears to have the same collar as the Fuse Henly. I only noticed this after reading your post.