2018 new Sitka stuff

NDGuy

WKR
But they have lost their damn minds with the prices of those waterfowl waders. I don't know a single guy who actually duck hunts that would buy those.

I about spit out my coffee when I saw $850-950 waders. What a joke lol the sad thing is the young waterfowl guys I know will blow their whole summer work paycheck on them still.

I’m good buying my Cabelas/Banded waders and bibs. Some of this stuff is just getting way too expensive. All for some ducks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I about spit out my coffee when I saw $700-800 waders. What a joke lol the sad thing is the young waterfowl guys I know will blow their whole summer work paycheck on them still.

I’m good buying my Cabelas/Banded waders and bibs. Some of this stuff is just getting way too expensive. All for some ducks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw that too and figured it came with a heating element or something.

For the cost of the waders, I just get some new Simms g4 guide waders.

That long jacket looks interesting, not sure I have a need for it but its sort of cool.

I’m actually shocked Gore would build a competing product to Simms. Simms has been very gore loyal for a while. Now I’m kind of excited to see if Simms makes a change!!

Trial153

WKR
I’m actually shocked Gore would build a competing product to Simms. Simms has been very gore loyal for a while. Now I’m kind of excited to see if Simms makes a change!!

I would not be surprised if Simms is building these waders.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have the Kodiak when I pulled it out of the bag I was like what the hell. But after using it in some really bad weather in November, I am a believer.

OP
Desk Jockey
I have the Kodiak when I pulled it out of the bag I was like what the hell. But after using it in some really bad weather in November, I am a believer.

I am very curious about the kodiak.

Can you comment on what current Sitka jacket it must closely resembles? Is it super lightweight like a cloudburst or heavier like the storm front?. Or does it have a fleecy extirior like the thunderhead? Thx

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I am very curious about the kodiak.

Can you comment on what current Sitka jacket it must closely resembles? Is it super lightweight like a cloudburst or heavier like the storm front?. Or does it have a fleecy extirior like the thunderhead? Thx

It's very similar to the Storm Front

Its 29.5 oz on my scale.

John said it was designed for very shitty days and after wearing it in some sideways downpours I concur with him.

Last edited:

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a lot more behind the wader than one might think. Once they reveal it all I think it will explain the price point.

Mtnboy

WKR
Jackets in tall now that is awesome

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Agreed, it's about time!

Looks like all my Sitka Jackets will be hitting the classifieds this Spring!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
Desk Jockey
There is some info on the apex stuff in another thread.

Anyone got their hands on the kodiak? My favorite non hunting coat is a thigh length wax cotton number. A hunting version would be mighty tempting for me.