Sitka Apex series

TravisIN

WKR
How do the apex pants compare to mountain pants weight wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kotaman

WKR
Apex Pant - 27.2 oz.
Mountain Pant - 27.5 oz

Pretty close to the same physical weight, but I think the Apex will breath better. The new Ascents are 12 oz. while the Timberlines are 35.3 oz.

TravisIN

WKR
I was told a little thicker than the ascents and a little lighter than the mountains

Thanks. I had been planning on getting a pair of mountain pants for sept elk in CO. I have a pair of ascents for the warmer days. Been having trouble deciding now between the apex and mountain.no where close to go check them out. May have to order both and then pick one.

K_pem

WKR
Idk how hot you run but i know id cook hiking in my mountain pants in september. Ive been eyeballing the apex pants, but until i can get hands on them im thinking of going with another pair of the corrugate guide pants from FL.

If you are so sensitive you can tell the difference between pants that weigh 0.3oz more...you belong on that Project Runway show, not in the backcountry. Wanna cut some weight? Miss a meal.

pras2-ep5-rr-casanova-man-f.jpg

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks. I had been planning on getting a pair of mountain pants for sept elk in CO. I have a pair of ascents for the warmer days. Been having trouble deciding now between the apex and mountain.no where close to go check them out. May have to order both and then pick one.

I personally have gotten my hands on the Apex series and they are going to be my new elk hunting pants for sure. I wore them down in Mexico and they are perfect for hot weather. If it does get cold enough a base layer will do the trick. I am a warm body person so its nice having a lighter pant that is thicker than the ascents and that will keep you cool during the early archery seasons.

TravisIN

WKR
I personally have gotten my hands on the Apex series and they are going to be my new elk hunting pants for sure. I wore them down in Mexico and they are perfect for hot weather. If it does get cold enough a base layer will do the trick. I am a warm body person so its nice having a lighter pant that is thicker than the ascents and that will keep you cool during the early archery seasons.

Thanks. That’s the kind of info I was hoping to hear.

K_pem

WKR
If you are so sensitive you can tell the difference between pants that weigh 0.3oz more...you belong on that Project Runway show, not in the backcountry. Wanna cut some weight? Miss a meal.

pras2-ep5-rr-casanova-man-f.jpg

Not sure whom your referring to but I dont think anyone is worried about the 0.3oz as much as they are worried about the breath-ability and the thickness of the fleece brush lining...

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Not sure whom your referring to but I dont think anyone is worried about the 0.3oz as much as they are worried about the breath-ability and the thickness of the fleece brush lining...

Exactly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I've had my hands on them as well. I usually run Mountain Pants in early archery season, but will be making the transition this year to Apex. The main difference, in my opinion, is that the Apex should be much quieter for stalking. The cargo pockets have internal dividers in the Apex pant. I store my range finder and other items in the cargo pockets. I'm anticipating the internal dividers will prevent those items from hitting eachother and making unnecessary noise. The exterior seems to be slightly quieter as well. Also, the inside has a soft fleece that makes up a sort of grid. Imagine little fleece bumps every half inch or so. I'm anticipating these to help with breathability, while still providing something a touch heavier weight than the Ascent Pant. Like the mountain pants, they come with removable knee pads.

That was quick! I was planning on purchasing the apex pant this morning. At 6:45 AM Mountain Time I checked and they were out of stock on my size. Damn!

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I would not go that far but they have the athletic cut. I just got a note mine were delivered today, I will put up a thread later.