Sitka Apex series

Trial153

WKR
yea i am liking the sound of that hoody. i hope it come in a soild color as well.

bmart2622

WKR
So for those who have gotten their hands on this line; would you say the pants are an early season or mid to late season type pant?

In my hands they felt heavier than the new ascents, but significantly lighter than the mountains. Overall they felt like a beefed up more durable version than the ascents.

Trial153

WKR
i am going to order a set when they come out. hopeing for a better fit than the new ascents which i cant use at all.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
How did the Apex hoodie compare to the Core Lightweight Hoodie?

The Apex Hoody is going to be warmer for one. It's a merino blend, where the lightweight is polyester only. It also has a kangaroo zipper pouch, and removable elbow pads. It's available with the rest of the 2018 Sitka Subalpine and Open Country for pre-order now on our website, or you can give us a call. Happy to answer any more questions about the new gear. I have handled the Apex Hoody quite a bit in person.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
The Apex Hoody is going to be warmer for one. It's a merino blend, where the lightweight is polyester only. It also has a kangaroo zipper pouch, and removable elbow pads. It's available with the rest of the 2018 Sitka Subalpine and Open Country for pre-order now on our website, or you can give us a call. Happy to answer any more questions about the new gear. I have handled the Apex Hoody quite a bit in person.

Any idea what it weighs? Also wondering that about the new down hoody. Looks like a nice piece, very tempted to give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Yea the down Hoody with windstopper looks really nice. If it’s within 6 oz or so of the regular version I will put grade.

I am slightly disappointed with the Apex Hoody, for some reason I thought it was a full zip version. I really don’t need another pull over as I wear the core heavy weight almost constantly.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any idea what it weighs? Also wondering that about the new down hoody. Looks like a nice piece, very tempted to give it a shot.

The Large size Apex Hoody weighs 0.8 lbs or 12.8 oz. I don't have the weight info yet on the new Kelvin Down WS Hoody, but the previous Kelvin Down Hoody weighed 1.7 lbs. or 27.2 oz. if that helps. Let me know if you have any more questions.

Maybe I would be a believer if I saw one in person, but the kangaroo pouch is of limited appeal to me. hard to say how accessible this would be with a bino pouch or a pack on. If it wasn't used, I wonder how it might impact breathability.

While I appreciate the potential innovation, it seems like a bit of costs could be saved by offering a version without the pocket.

bigharge

WKR
Do you happened to know the weight on the Apex pants, cant find it listed anywhere on their site?