First Lite Sawtooth Hybrid Jacket?

dotman

WKR
Guess I don't blame you, but had to try! How is the sizing compared to other FL tops? I have a line on a medium, which is what I normally wear but am worried it might be too small.

I think it fits a little smaller then their aerowool, if you usually get a L get a L. But it’s perfect sizing wise for layering. So I guess what I’m saying is it fits more true to size and is not baggy.

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
I just got mine in the mail the other day and am very impressed with the fit and feel. I was on the fence about it but decided to order one while they are on sale.

I wear a medium in aerowool and chama. I can wear the sawtooth over both of them with no problem. I was worried a medium would be too tight based on other reviews I read but it's not an issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nrh6.7

WKR
I think it fits a little smaller then their aerowool, if you usually get a L get a L. But it’s perfect sizing wise for layering. So I guess what I’m saying is it fits more true to size and is not baggy.

Thanks, I have the llano and chama both in medium and they fit, but without a lot of room. However, the wilkin fits in a large almost perfectly. I have searched the web high and low for a large sawtooth, but may have to settle for a medium and see how it works.

Incredible piece of gear, wore mine in very warm weather while caribou hunting several weeks and it performed great. Wore it again while spot and stalk grizzly bear hunting, climbing up and down mountains, etc and because of the full zip I was easily able to regulate my body temperature without stopping to shed a layer. Then for sheep hunting as well, same experience with it being very versatile. I basically wore it from early spring for bear until mid fall.

Not sure why some say you need camo, mine is in the green color and I was able to take some pretty good animals while wearing it, with a bow. Plus then because it's not camo I don't look like a booger eater when I wear it around town.

The reasons why I like it are:

I can regulate body temp very easily.
There are pockets to store my rangefinder in as I just tether the cord to my bino harness strap and it then goes in my right hand pocket.
It has a hood.
The fit on the arms is perfect for a bowhunter.
It breathes well.
It helps block the wind without being noisy like a hard shell or too warm like a heavy fleece.
It's not loose fitting like the Chama hoody where you get that saggy feeling after it's broken in.

Only thing I'd change is that I got a L and it's just barely the right size, but that could be because I've washed and dried it so many times.

mcseal2

WKR
Guess I don't blame you, but had to try! How is the sizing compared to other FL tops? I have a line on a medium, which is what I normally wear but am worried it might be too small.

It's about right I'd say. I wear 2XL in all FL stuff and haven't had any that doesn't fit. I wear it over the Aerowool long sleeve top layer and it fits well.

I heard somewhere that FL uses a European sizing system, meaning that a 2XL jacket for example is designed to fit over a 2XL base layer. As your layers go further out from your body they are a bit bigger to allow for layers under them. I don't know where I heard that or if it's accurate. I know my SEAK fits over my Wilikin, Sawtooth, and a puffy so it makes sense.

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
You must if gotten the special one because mine is far warmer then the chama or halstead. In fact, I was wearing the Halstead at the range yesterday, it was windy and I was thinking damn I should of worn the Sawtooth. Neither are windproof but the sawtooth seems to break it better than others.

The good news is you should have no issues selling it:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If memory serves, when Kenton and Callaghan were on the podcast Cal mentioned that he had worn the sawtooth with just an aerowool tee and found it incredibly versatile. Would you support that conclusion? Personal needs notwithstanding?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
If memory serves, when Kenton and Callaghan were on the podcast Cal mentioned that he had worn the sawtooth with just an aerowool tee and found it incredibly versatile. Would you support that conclusion? Personal needs notwithstanding?

Early season (sept)I would be ok with this and a rain shell for most days. But I need a puffy with me after that until it’s gets really cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk