Hestra gloves???

nrh6.7

WKR
I just learned about these online today. They are definately nice gloves, but I'm curious if anyone has any experience with them or has used them for hunting late seasons. It seems that they get used a lot for skiing, but there are several pairs that look like great hunting gloves.

Thanks in advance.

I just learned about these online today. They are definately nice gloves, but I'm curious if anyone has any experience with them or has used them for hunting late seasons. It seems that they get used a lot for skiing, but there are several pairs that look like great hunting gloves.

Thanks in advance.
I know a guy that hunts with them. They are popular here. He uses one called hunters Gauntlet. I almost got it, but was cheap and got a merino liner and paired it with a leather work glove from them. I should have gotten the one he recommended.

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

OP
nrh6.7

nrh6.7

WKR
Aren't they made in Sweden? Also heard some were made in China. I did see the hunter's gauntlet and looks sharp.

I dont know if they are made here (i am in Sweden) but they are based here. Swedish products are usually robust, overbuilt, durable, and expensive.

slowelk

WKR
I have the Hestra Heli for backcountry touring and general skiing - they don't look all that different than the hunter gauntlets you are mentioning. They are not very warm for how big and bulky they are, you aren't going to pull a trigger or manage a release in them. If you are looking for weatherproof warmth, there are better options out there in the form of mittens.

Fjelljeger

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a pair of the Hestra Army Leather gloves. Using them for skiing right now with no complaints. Time will tell how warm they are this winter. I plan on using them for many outdoor activities here.

KMT

WKR
I’ve had the same pair of leather hestra ski gloves for 8 years. They’re still going strong after SKIING with them over 30 days per year.

I have the Hestra Heli for backcountry touring and general skiing - they don't look all that different than the hunter gauntlets you are mentioning. They are not very warm for how big and bulky they are, you aren't going to pull a trigger or manage a release in them. If you are looking for weatherproof warmth, there are better options out there in the form of mittens.

What would you recommend for a warm weather proof glove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In terms of the hunter Gauntlet, you would need to remove the liner on your trigger hand.

More and more I think I should just get the atlas rubber gloves i used commercial fishing with thick wool liners. Good enough for the boat, good enough most places.

slowelk

WKR
What would you recommend for a warm weather proof glove?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As already mentioned, the BlackDiamond Guide look like a good glove, but I really think they are overpriced ($180ish). I've been using the Klim Caribou Mittens in the cold this year and last, both hunting and other activities and they have held up great to wind and wet. They are goretex with a leather palm. I can still get in and out of my bino harness with them on, but obviously drop them when it's trigger time.

OP
nrh6.7

nrh6.7

WKR
I already have the FL Grizzly gloves. Do you think Hestra offers any glove that would work better for the colder temps?

slowelk

WKR
I already have the FL Grizzly gloves. Do you think Hestra offers any glove that would work better for the colder temps?

No, absolutely not. Buy tags, not gear, especially if you already have the gear.

OP
nrh6.7

nrh6.7

WKR
No, absolutely not. Buy tags, not gear, especially if you already have the gear.

Agreed, but you never know when something better might come around. Plus the FL gloves are pretty bulky, and I liked that some of the Hestra 3-finger mittens are compact.

Thanks for the feedback!

Everyone has different hands. That being said, hunting in sweden is usually sitting in a stand and this time of year, its chilly. My buddy is fine in the hunter Gauntlet. I cannot compare to the FL grizzly, or say how they will work for you. Thats why I have given up, and am going back to $3 vinyl gloves with surplus heavy wool liner. I just cant afford to buy and try. Sticking with what I know works for my hands.

Seth1913

Lil-Rokslider
Check out Fly Low gloves, they’re similar to hestra but prices better. I have the mittens for snowboarding and they never get cold plus they’re super tough

Akicita

WKR
I can vouch for the Fält Guide Glove. They are a great all around, tough, warm and comfortable glove. Craftsmanship is top notch and I really like the removable wool liners. I always carry spare liners with me. I also have the Army Leather Abisko gloves for ligher duty but they do not have a removable liner. My wife swears by the Army Leather Heli glove and mitt with wool liners.