Sitka Mountain Pants

Jardo

WKR
I think they are fine for September. Might be a little warm on some hot days at lower elevation but better to be to warm than too cold. We've got such good options these days that everyone expect perfect fit and applications in our gear but sometimes good enough is good enough. If your too hot, find some shade and cool off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steel Rain

Lil-Rokslider
I have the newest version of mountain pants and the old ascent. The mountain pants have softened up and don’t really seem that loud to me. I wore a base layer down to the 20’s with no problem. I do wear gaiters though. The ascents are fine if the wind isn’t too whippet and I,m on the move.

pirogue

WKR
All of Sitka's older pants fabrics were softer, quieter, and less shiny.

I still have have a pair from the first year Sitka, and can't remember if they were called mountain or ascent, but seems like just one pair was available that first year. not as light as available today, but wouldn't consider them cold weather either.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I just got a new pair of Mountain Pants, they are thicker than I expected. I'm coming from the original Ascents. Anyone wear them September elk mountain hunting? Are they too warm for you?

The mountain pants are my favorite pant that Sitka makes they are the most versatile pant of the whole line in my opinion. I wear them from archery season to late rifle for elk here in Colorado. They are coming out with an Apex Pant and Hoody that will be a little lighter than the Mountains but thicker than the Ascents. I've gotten a chance to wear them and for the first 2 weeks of archery season they work amazing.

Last edited:

GetDNet

FNG
The mountain pants are my favorite pant that Sitka makes they are the most versatile pant of the whole line in my opinion. I wear them from archery season to late rifle for elk here in Colorado. They are coming out with an Apex Pant and Hoody that will be a little lighter than the Mountains but thicker than the Ascents. I've gotten a chance to wear them and for the first 2 weeks of archery season they work amazing.

How was the fit on the apex pants?
Tried mountains and they were very tight around the thighs and crotch, had to return.