Merino compression top?

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
So I wear short sleeve under armour compression shirts almost everyday as an undershirt.

While very comfortable they aren’t something I can wear for more than a day before they start to stink.

Wanting to hear your recommendations for a short sleeve compression top in merino that will serve well as a very light base layer and be able to be worn for multiple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gorp2007

WKR
The 2018 line of First Lite should have some (~5%) spandex in it to give you a little bit more stretch, but I don't think you're going to be able to find a true compression fit merino base layer. Once you add enough spandex to get compression, you probably have too much spandex and other fiber types that will cause the UA funk you've already experienced.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah that areowool will do that for you. It's not like a UA compression tight but its an athletic fit and not loose IMO.

Have you tried the NikWax performance material wash? It’s supposed to effectively eliminate the bacteria that causes the UA funk and keep it from returning for longer than other soaps. Their other stuff I’ve tried has worked as advertised.

OP
S

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
Have you tried the NikWax performance material wash? It’s supposed to effectively eliminate the bacteria that causes the UA funk and keep it from returning for longer than other soaps. Their other stuff I’ve tried has worked as advertised.

I have not tried that before. I’ll have to check it out.