Best hunting pants

NorBC

FNG
Nothing beats attack pants, and hey are frigging tough. When I go through a clients bag before the hunt I take out all other pants except rain gear..

golfbum

WKR
I have the EB guide pro pants in green and tan, green would work great for a hunting pant!

I love these pants!!!

They are not included in the SALE however.....:(

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka Timberline for cooler weather and KUIU attack pants for warmer / Everyday wearing. Love the attack pants for everyday wearing!!

If I had to wear one pair of pants the rest of my life it would be the KUIU Attack pants. Wore them for 2 weeks in late September Wyoming elk hunt. Was fine from 20-70 degree. Use them in Alabama whitetail hunting. Very comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bates

WKR
I am becoming more and more a bigger fan of the Kryptek Altitude pants they are almost like a cross between the kuiu attach and sitka timberline both of which i love

I like the timberlines but it has to be cold for me to wear them, the kuiu attacks are a great pant, super comfortable and i love the side vents to dump heat but i was left wanting something more after this fall.

the altitudes are super durable, great fit for me and the knee pad is in the right place unlike the kuiu alpines which are too low

not cheap but worth a look when chasing the ghost of the best ... good luck

I will say the Sitka ascents prior to the new lightweight version are probably the best most versatile hunting pants I've owned. I'm having the waist hemmed on a pair right now and will probably wear them til they die. They should have kept them in their lineup and introduced the new version as something different IMO. I have not tried the kuiu attacks though.

ianpadron

WKR
Eddie Bauer Guide Pro for sure. I prefer them to every pair of Sitka/KUIU pant I have ever owned for summer scouting. They are so freaking tough, I have not torn a single hole in any of them and I literally live in them for weeks in the summertime while climbing and scouting. They breathe incredibly well, have a fantastic DWR and are super comfy/stretchy. They are also only like 50 bucks (on sale at least every couple months, including right now!)

The EB guide pro are pretty thin though, but that might sound like what the OP is looking for for summer hiking.

applepie_eli

Lil-Rokslider
Personal favorite is Sitka Equinox pants. I know they're not meant to be ground hunting pants and the camo is technically made for tree stands, but they're the comfiest, toughest, and most versatile pants I've found yet.

I wear them from 75 down to 15 (layering underneath) and would feel confident wearing them on almost any hunt. The Elevated 2 pattern isn't perfect for ground hunting but it's worked with deer here in PA. And I think it will blend in really good up in the rocks when hopefully I'll be on a sheep or goat hunt. For whitetail guys looking to buy one pair of pants for deer season and the occasional trip out west, these take the cake!