Waterproof breathable socks at OR show

Had a chance to check out the Dexshell waterproof socks yesterday at OR show. They looked promising. Merino/synthetic blend on outer and inner with Porelle membrane in the middle that is highly breathable according to the company. Outside gets wet but inside is dry. They were lightweight and would use for my extra set in case boots get wet. The best waterproof boots take days to dry out if by chance they get wet from the top down. They'd be great for a stalking sock as well. They also had gloves and hats. Interesting product that I'm definitely going to try out this year. It was around $30 for a pair.

Technology | DexShell Waterproof Breathable Outdoor Socks, Gloves &Hats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I bought a pair of the Sealskinz waterproof socks last year because I didn’t feel like buying a new pair of boots before turkey season. I had zero confidence in them, but they were in fact waterproof. However, your feet sweat a lot in them, and they don’t really insulate much, so you still end up with wet, cold feet. :D They might do better if you wear them over a sock that wicks moisture and provides a bit of warmth.

It is much better than the squishing you get from a totally soaked sock though.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04