Best piece of hunting clothing, and why...

My $17 costco UB travel pants. I have three sets and wore them the last few years for all types of hunting. They have a self-adjusting waist, so there's no belt needed. I don't get any hip bone rubbing or bruising when wearing a pack. They're water resistant, stretchy, and they've survived chukar country with no rips. If they had a pocket on the left thigh, they'd be like a T-Rex with long arms.

These pants rock. I have two grey pairs that are practically indestructable, they just keep going. But i have had three pairs of the khaki colored ones that have had the most random breakdowns. Pockets ripped out, waistband came apart on one. They are only $17 and costco has a good return policy so no complaints.

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
First Lite Chama hoodie is a piece I find myself wearing on nearly every single hunt no matter the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me it is a toss up between my Cabela's Waterfowl System's parka (Advantage Wetlands) and my Cabela's MTo50 Gore-Tex shell (Realtree woodlands).

Systems parka is Cordura outer shell with Gore-tex lining. The zip in liner is Thinsulate. I wear this all the time. Waterfowl, deer, blowing snow, even turkeys when it's really wet and raining. Tough as nails, a little noisy, but it's pressing 20 years old and just can't be worn out.

But...

My favorite has to be the MTo50 Gore-Tex rain shell. Super quiet, waterproof, windproof, breathes well, and just comfy as hell. It keeps my dry and warm when fishing, turkey hunting, great outer layer when deer hunting...keeps the wind off me. Packs down in to it's own pocket when I don't need it.

I've toyed with the idea of getting a new waterproof / breathable shell...but this jacket just keeps on performing. And it's gotta be close to 20 years old as well.

So what's your best piece of hunting clothing?

for me it was the heater body suit...any temp I was covered and warm.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
There's a reason it's called a "layering system". I wouldn't want to wear my merino base layers by themselves, and I wouldn't want to wear my Microtex Lite without the merino. So together they are my favorite pieces of hunting clothing......along with my microfleece mock-T's.:)

Lawdwaz

FNG
Easily my KOM hooded (unlined) sweatshirt and KOM Bunwarmer pants, purchased new in 1991 IIRC. The sweatshirt is used in the spring and fall, pants fall only....

Why are the my favorite/most used?

I don't wash them, Mother Nature takes care of that, they haven't faded one bit, they've been torn and had holes poked in them but they haven't frayed, they don't stink even when I do. I could go on but those that know, know.

tttoadman

WKR
C4E Highline Pants. They don't rip. They have deep thigh pockets. They are cheap. I have a spare already sitting in the drawer if I ever wear out the ones I have.

Sitka Jetstream Lite jacket. Love how this fits and is very light for layering.

Fleece Balaclava. picked this up for $15 a couple years ago. I am amazed at the harsh weather you can stand in when your head and face is warm and protected from the wind.

These pants rock. I have two grey pairs that are practically indestructable, they just keep going. But i have had three pairs of the khaki colored ones that have had the most random breakdowns. Pockets ripped out, waistband came apart on one. They are only $17 and costco has a good return policy so no complaints.
good pants! another option about the same price is the swiss tech 4 way stretch pant available at walmart. they feel a little thicker material wise to the U.B. techs. and the stitching is nice. more like my Kuhl Renegades. little bit slimmer fit though.

KMT

WKR
My wool socks, boots, and wool undershirt. Why? Because I use them every day, and I can depend on them.

Probably my merino base layers. First Lite mostly.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

micus

Lil-Rokslider
You can buy these things called "Buffs" they are marino wool, and they can be worn in a number of ways. I wear mine like a neck gaitor, but I also pull it up and use it to cover most of my big white face when i'm lurking around. You can use it as a toque, as well, towel, pre filter for a Nalgene, etc. They weigh nothing and are super warm and cheap. I don't have any other gear that serves as many jobs as the buff.

Gumbo

WKR
Kind of depends on the season and what I'm doing.

Archery season- Core Lightweight Hoody. The sun and wind are killers for me and this solves those problems and is a perfect weight for layering.
Snow- King of the Mountain Hooded Sweatshirt and Gauntlet Mittens. Wool is the way to go for snow and these are absolutely top of the line.

Wolfey

FNG
You can buy these things called "Buffs" they are marino wool, and they can be worn in a number of ways. I wear mine like a neck gaitor, but I also pull it up and use it to cover most of my big white face when i'm lurking around. You can use it as a toque, as well, towel, pre filter for a Nalgene, etc. They weigh nothing and are super warm and cheap. I don't have any other gear that serves as many jobs as the buff.
I use buffs quite a bit. Either as a neck gaiter or as a sweat band/ear warmer. It can be worn as a beanie too. During the summer I'll wear it around my wrist to wipe sweat off my face. Some companies call them neck gaiters or multiclavas as Buff is a brand name. My favorite one is an Eddie bauer merino and polyester blend. I have a first lite 100% merino as well but the branding on it is a little annoying.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

mcseal2

WKR
Darn Tough wool socks are probably my favorite. They go on every hunt no matter what other layering stuff I use.

Others high on my list are the FL Sawtooth, Kuiu Kenai zip off insulated pants, FL Aerowool base layers, Kryptek Dalibor II jacket, and Kifaru Lost Park Parka

ianpadron

WKR
My personal fave is the Sitka Timberline Jacket. GORE Windstopper is the real deal and it still breathes incredibly well. I rock it with a baselayer while hiking and throw a puffy underneath while glassing. Amazing how much of a difference blocking the wind makes when regulating body temp.

ianpadron

WKR
Darn Tough wool socks are probably my favorite. They go on every hunt no matter what other layering stuff I use.

Others high on my list are the FL Sawtooth, Kuiu Kenai zip off insulated pants, FL Aerowool base layers, Kryptek Dalibor II jacket, and Kifaru Lost Park Parka
Dude I am a firm believer that the Kenai pants from kuiu are the most underrated clothing piece out there... Mine were an absolute game-changer last year. And they can't even give them away on their site

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Jardo

WKR
Either my 90% jacket or my chinook. Perfect mid layer. I also love my dewpoint rain gear and my older ascent pants on OC. My knee pads in my mountain pants frickin rock when I got an animal down and I'm gutting and boning it out.

I honestly can't believe how awesome our selection of clothing has become. 10 years ago I was hunting in jeans and a flannel shirt. It's a great time to be alive and hunting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk