Best piece of hunting clothing, and why...

bruno59

WKR
Another vote for the timberlines I sat down in the snow this year to wait out some bedded elk for two hours I was dry as bone when i got up

Zbot

WKR
Timberline pants for me as well....its a dang shame they want to discontinue them.

My Kryptek Vidar vest. I may switch pants or shirts and jackets depending on the weather but I always have that vest with me.

Murdy

WKR
Been in love with my traverse top with a thin layer of merino under it (llano mostly), but the Farm to Feet socks are a strong contender, Smart Wool midweight longies been seeing unusually high use too.

What puffy do you wear underneath, Sitka?

I actually have a core4element down and a core4element pirmaloft i bought off camofire. They both work great. Neither have hoods. Both very packable and light weight. Both have been warm enough for the hunting i do.

LaGriz

WKR

My KOM Bow Hunter's Jacket for its warmth, versatility (don't carry rain gear when I have it) and can draw and shoot the bow in total silence. Has cartridge loops in the rt. chest pocket for rifle hunting. Have gained weight since the purchase in 1998, and I can't layer under it like I once could. It has kept me warm on all day hunts in Wyoming to Maine and has done duty in tree stands from Massachusetts to Louisiana. High quality garment for sure.

#2 Agree with LostArra - "Treestand hunting: Wooltimate windshear vest (warm, quite, versatile)" except mine has no wind-shear lining. Equally as versatile and even more breathable. Layered over a thin sweatshirt, it keeps the core warm without bulk on my bow arm.

3rd place goes to my First Lite Kaibab wool-blend pants in ASAT. Quality gear!
LaGriz

ellsworb

Lil-Rokslider
FL Aerowool Neck Gaiter. A piece that I literally did not remove from my person for a 6-day mule deer hunt; 4 day ski tour; and more x-country ski and snowshoeing day trips than I can count. It is the most versatile piece of clothing (clothing accessory?) I own.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
Biggest surprises that I won’t go into the mountains without are the Kryptek Norlander Merino Gloves and Sitka Jetstream beanie. Combined they weigh very little and work great. I slip them in my pack or my pants pockets and know I can stay warm and keep moving if temps drop.

As for major items, my Kryptek Dalibor II and my Sitka Timberline pants really are beyond any expectations I had. Both are awesome.