Kuiu size me

snowplow

WKR
Dudes lm going to order some yukon rain gear.

Im 5'10" with wide shoulders and long arms. Got a 33" waist.

Any recomendations on size for me?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

swampokie

WKR
I’m 5-10 185 and their large t is too small. Every thing else is ok in large so I bet the large rain gear will be good.

dapesche

WKR

You'd be happy with large. I have a kuiu guide jacket in large. My dimensions are the same as yours... Not sure if I have long arms (my dress shirts are 34" length I believe).

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

The Yukon is much larger size than anything else they make. You will be a medium if wearing like a rain jacket. A large would fit all base layers, jacket plus puffy and still hav room. Shoulders and biceps are giant on all sizes.

I’m 6’1” with wide shoulders and 210. I am a medium in the Yukon with the intention of wearing over base layers and a puffy. I could fit a guide but it would be a little tight in the forearms

lkwoolsey

WKR

I'm about the same build as you. I wear a xlarge in all their tops, large in the yukon. Medium just seems a hair tight even in the yukon. My shoulders and chest are pretty wide and thick though. Medium bottoms fit me better though (32 waist 32 inseam.)
I can fit a puffy under the Yukon but don't think it looks/ feels excessively roomy without insulation underneath.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
I'm about the same build as you. I wear a xlarge in all their tops, large in the yukon. Medium just seems a hair tight even in the yukon. My shoulders and chest are pretty wide and thick though. Medium bottoms fit me better though (32 waist 32 inseam.)
I can fit a puffy under the Yukon but don't think it looks/ feels excessively roomy without insulation underneath.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
Thanks thats helpful. I normally wear large pants but XL tops for my shoulders and arm length in most things. Ill just order a large set and see how it goes. How is kuiu on wrong size returns?

Daubsnu1

FNG
I'm 6', 220 with 36 inch waist. Barrel chested, gorilla arms. Ordered up a few different sizes of Guide Jacket and Yukon Jackets. The XL's fit best. I like that the Yukon is sized just a little larger than the Guide...would fit well over.

Ended up sending the Yukon back, because my old Cabela's Mto50 Gore-Tex is still going strong. Someday i might get the Yukon...

Thanks thats helpful. I normally wear large pants but XL tops for my shoulders and arm length in most things. Ill just order a large set and see how it goes. How is kuiu on wrong size returns?

They’re really great on returns/swaps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 5'9" 185 with wide shoulders. I have the 145 Merino shirt and snap shirt, both in XL and I wouldn't be able to go smaller. I have a 32 waist and went with a 34 in my attack pants.

Last edited:

lkwoolsey

WKR
Never had to do any wrong size returns, but I returned a pack one time and they took it back no problem. I can't speak for their return process other than that.

jrb CO

FNG
5'10", 165 lbs, 32" waist. Just tried on their raingear this weekend. Yukon medium, chugach large

Daubsnu1

FNG
I ordered up a bunch of stuff, in both L and XL, to see what sized better...

- Guide Jacket
- Yukon Jacket
- 145 Merino 1/2 zip
- Yukon Gaiters
- Merino zip off bottoms

And the following pants:
- Attack pants, size 36 & 38

Tried them all on, and sent back what I didn't want or didn't fit.

No problems with returns to Kuiu. Just had to pay return shipping.

golfbum

WKR
How did you feel everything fit?? Big or Small?

I wear a 33x32 in the eddie bauer guide pro pant, what size should I get in KUIU pants?

How did you feel everything fit?? Big or Small?

I wear a 33x32 in the eddie bauer guide pro pant, what size should I get in KUIU pants?

How do the Eddie Bauer’s fit you? I have the Eddie Bauer guide and had to go 36 because the thighs are tighter than the kuiu pants. Also depending on how long you have had the EB pants they stretch permanently and could be looser. Different pants fit a little different. Once we know how the EB fit I can advise on specific kuiu pant fit.

golfbum

WKR
How do the Eddie Bauer’s fit you? I have the Eddie Bauer guide and had to go 36 because the thighs are tighter than the kuiu pants. Also depending on how long you have had the EB pants they stretch permanently and could be looser. Different pants fit a little different. Once we know how the EB fit I can advise on specific kuiu pant fit.

They fit pretty well. I would say they hold a stretch and are plenty loose in the waist but I doubt I would want a 32. I have chicken legs so the thighs and butt are fine.

golfbum

WKR
By the way I am looking mostly at the attack and possibly tiburon pants

5'11", 160lbs, I wear a Medium in everything Kuiu.

Pants are tricky, I haven't bought any new ones since 2015 or so. My attacks fit great at a 32, my chinook fit way large at a 32, my yukon and chugach rain gear fit great at Medium.

By the way I am looking mostly at the attack and possibly tiburon pants

I think a 34 is probably the right size for a similar fit to the EB. The attack and tiburon fit really similar in the waist. Take a soft tape and measure your waist and hold the tape as tight as you want your pants and right where your belt line would be. Order that size kuiu pant. My waist measures 35” and I can wear both 34 and 36 but I prefer 34
To keep the pant fabric from bunching when packing heavy. If you don’t mind a snug fit the 32 I think will perform better for you but 34 will be more of an everyday wear pant.