First Lite Woodbury Jacket Review!

Good review! I just switched from a Fanatic to a Woodbury this past season, and am very happy with my decision.

I got one as a lighter option to my sanctuary jacket and the wife wore it so much we had to get her one during the sales. Great jacket for stand hunting.

What are the reasons you switched?

I have the Sanctuary and the Woodbury.

The Sanctuary is a heater for sure, but at a penalty- weight and cumbersome.
- My wife confiscated this as she does more sitting and less moving

I got the Woodbury cause I didn't need 2 of the same in my line up.
Even though the Woodbury may feel heavy, once on, it isn't nor is it cumbersome. Yet it is super warm.

During cold bow hunting hunts, I will layer with a Merino base, a chama hoody and this Woodbury, and be set for the whole day.
It offers similar warmth as the Sanctuary, without the penalty of cumbersome or extreme heaviness.

OP
PA_Hunter8

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
Does this jacket seem to be more durable than your typical high end insulation jacket, ie the unpronounceable?

For sure, no comparison. It’s extremely tough feeling. Definitely not any concerns there unless you’re bushwhacking with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the reasons you switched?

1) I get REALLY tired of pulling burrs out of clothes. I had the older fanatic jacket that had the micro fleece and it still grabbed burrs like crazy - I cant even imagine what the newer berber fleece ones are like.

2) While the diagonal zipper is required for the kangaroo pocket, I hated that dang zipper. Its awkward to zip, and even more awkward when you only have the zipper half way zipped or all the way open. Also makes trying to fold the jacket up a little difficult too. I guess I disliked the zipper more than I liked the kangaroo pocket.

3) The fanatic was a little short in the waist. Not a problem if you wear bibs, but I was constantly pulling the back of my jacket down over my waist.

4) I don't generally get too caught up in camo patterns - I wear a little bit of everything, but I gotta say I like the Fusion much better than the old sitka elevated forest pattern.

I was in need of a pair of bibs and went with the Sanctuary bibs over the fanatic bibs (mainly due to the outer material), and was so impressed with the bibs that I decided to give the jacket a try too since I wasnt completely in love with the fanatic jacket.

OP
PA_Hunter8

PA_Hunter8

Lil-Rokslider
1) I get REALLY tired of pulling burrs out of clothes. I had the older fanatic jacket that had the micro fleece and it still grabbed burrs like crazy - I cant even imagine what the newer berber fleece ones are like.

2) While the diagonal zipper is required for the kangaroo pocket, I hated that dang zipper. Its awkward to zip, and even more awkward when you only have the zipper half way zipped or all the way open. Also makes trying to fold the jacket up a little difficult too. I guess I disliked the zipper more than I liked the kangaroo pocket.

3) The fanatic was a little short in the waist. Not a problem if you wear bibs, but I was constantly pulling the back of my jacket down over my waist.

4) I don't generally get too caught up in camo patterns - I wear a little bit of everything, but I gotta say I like the Fusion much better than the old sitka elevated forest pattern.

I was in need of a pair of bibs and went with the Sanctuary bibs over the fanatic bibs (mainly due to the outer material), and was so impressed with the bibs that I decided to give the jacket a try too since I wasnt completely in love with the fanatic jacket.

I couldn’t agree more with everything you said! Camo isn’t everything, but it bothers me that Sitka’s camo is blue, being that blue is the only color deer see better than humans. I understand it’s made for the tree stand, but it seriously lacks versatility in my opinion. Fusion works everywhere, and that increases my confidence in the pattern for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk