Sitka jackets

Im looking to add an insulating jacket to throw in my pack and am looking at the Sitka Kelvin lite hoody and the Kelvin jacket. Ive read good reviews on the Kelvin lite hoody but does anyone have any experience with the Kelvin jacket? Thanks!

KurtR

WKR
Kelvin active is my favorite piece. packs small and drys fast. Last weekend i wore my light wieght base with fanatic hoody and kelvin active coyote hunting and was nice and warm. It was in the teens and single digits with wind chill. It blocks the wind surprisingly well also.

Kotaman

WKR
I have them both. The Kelvin is a bit more jacket as it has TWICE as much insulation. Both are fairly packable, but obviously the Lite packs down a little smaller. (the hood offsets some of the additional insulation of the Kelvin when packing) For me, the Kelvin Lite is plenty in almost every circumstance short of sub zero when layered. I wore the Kelvin Lite in snowy conditions in the Yukon in October and it worked great. In fact, I don't think I've ever taken my Kelvin on a hunt.

The Kelvin ACtive is a different animal all together and one of my favorite Sitka pieces. It has all but replaced my softshells and heavyweight hoodies. I don't go anywhere without my Kelvin Active AND the Kelvin Lite. The Active is for hiking, the Lite is for sitting.