Kifaru FULL-ZIP Lost Park Parka now for order!!

marktole

WKR
Of course they would come out with this right after I got a full zip puffy from another manufacturer.....

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
How would you compare the Lost Parka to the Kuiu *gasp* Kenai jacket? How much more durable is it?

I honestly have never had the Kenai in my hands to be able to really compare. I will say though that the Lost Park Parka is built like a tank (for a puffy) as far as having the reinforced front and elbows. I personally don't really take the Kifaru with me until like October because of how heavy duty it is warmth and weight wise.. I go with the FL puffy. The LPP is built as a survival piece for really cold weather, and I feel is tried and true. I'm personally a bigger fan of synthetic insulation over down insulation, even if it's treated, especially as the weather gets colder. So for a really warm, grab when the world is ending, one do it all jacket I would go the Kifaru route. Again though I haven't had the Kenai to really compare. Hopefully someone who has will jump on and give an opinion.

adamm88

WKR
I know this is mainly used for westerners, but was wondering if anyone wore this coat treestand hunting or hunting whitetails? Im thinking of getting one as my outter layer for when it is COLD.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know this is mainly used for westerners, but was wondering if anyone wore this coat treestand hunting or hunting whitetails? Im thinking of getting one as my outter layer for when it is COLD.
I have not used the full zip but I have used the half zip for Whitetail hunting and I got a little cold. I wish they made an Arctic version for that purpose.

Live2hunt custom shelters

Skyhigh

Lil-Rokslider

The outer material makes quite a bit of noise, so if you are archery hunting it likely would not be your best choice. I have worn a large hoody over it and it does cut the noise quite a bit, so that would be an option if you are willing. Also, I would highly recommend not walking in with it on, you will sweat, and you will get cold. I think there are better options for treestand hunters, but it does work if you are fine with wearing more layers over it.

03df287263793a403d15c2ff51751682.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved

Super warm...super noisy!

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Now if we could get it without the cordura on arms and pockets. Too noisy! I am not crawling through an obstacle course under machine gun fire.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Is the fit better now with the zipper than in the pullover? I didn't like the fit of the pullover or the crazy noise. Maybe they'll make it quieter as well.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

I would not use it for bowhunting whitetails.

But I have shot a bull with my stick bow wearing this jacket and another one with my First Lite puffy on. So it's not impossible.

Is the fit better now with the zipper than in the pullover? I didn't like the fit of the pullover or the crazy noise. Maybe they'll make it quieter as well.

My guess is that it's just as loud due to the very similar construction. What didn't you like about the fit? Did you try it with the new or old shoulder styles?

adamm88

WKR
I would not use it for bowhunting whitetails.

But I have shot a bull with my stick bow wearing this jacket and another one with my First Lite puffy on. So it's not impossible.

Do you feel like you lost opportunity with a bow due to to noise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk