some input on kifaru lost park parka please!

The LPP pullover is what I have used. It is warm, sheds water well, the pouch pocket is nice, and it is not sized weird. The hood has no real adjustment, and could use a redesign. The zip off portion of the hood is nice.

Esse quam videri

OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
just going over any pics I can find online, originally I was looking at the coyote brown but it looks like it is shiny???
if it is I would probably go for the multicam, unless it is shiny as well???

It’s probably the warmest synthetic jqcket I own. The first one I had was a large and I swam in it. This current one is a medium and fits almost perfect. I am a huge fan of pullover jackets, in my experience, I am warmer wearing them. However, they are much harder to regulate my body temp, specifically when I’m moving. Being a pullover, it’s a bit more involved to take off and put on as well. Did I mention it’s stupid warm? My biggest complaint is the fact that it’s hard for me to compress. I’ve heard and read that guys say it’s easier to compress when using a Kifaru stuff sack. Otherwise I end up with a wad of jacket about the size of a basketball.

I’m generally a bigger fan of wool, but the deal was pretty good so I picked it up. I haven’t worn it as much as I should, mainly due to the lack of cold weather. I really don’t have a place for it so it’s sitting in my closet right now.

All I have seen is the pack I just received a few months ago, no one I know has kifaru :(
Not multi cam but it is directly under a light so I got as much shining as I could.
3d53b603510c78be66bfd573064cd9b9.jpg

Esse quam videri

PredatorX

WKR
Personally I think they look better in person. I just got one (newer version) and was suprised to find 2 pockets inside the kangaroo pouch. Has this always been the case? Have seen a few reviews but no one seems to mention that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I checked mine and I also have the two pouches inside the handwarmer pocket. I don’t remember it on the first LPP I had.

sveltri

WKR
Personally I think they look better in person. I just got one (newer version) and was suprised to find 2 pockets inside the kangaroo pouch. Has this always been the case? Have seen a few reviews but no one seems to mention that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I found the same pockets last time I wore it, pleasant surprise.

WesternBounty

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Wyoming, it gets in temperatures similar to yours at times, just this last weekend it was -19 and snowing and I was wearing my lost park parka with a t shirt underneath outside doing chores! I would highly recommend the Lost Park Parka. I have used it on a September elk hunt, ranching, and even cross country skiing and been warm every time! Worth every penny!

I think if you live in an area where there are a lot of colder temps it can be universal, I know it is for me- I use if for everything, even as a jacket to throw on and do chores outside as in Wyoming our winters are cold. I would think being from Canada you would need a warm thrown on as often as us here in Wyoming ;)

Last edited:
OP
Blaw

Blaw

WKR
I live in Wyoming, it gets in temperatures similar to yours at times, just this last weekend it was -19 and snowing and I was wearing my lost park parka with a t shirt underneath outside doing chores! I would highly recommend the Lost Park Parka. I have used it on a September elk hunt, ranching, and even cross country skiing and been warm every time! Worth every penny!

I think if you live in an area where there are a lot of colder temps it can be universal, I know it is for me- I use if for everything, even as a jacket to throw on and do chores outside as in Wyoming our winters are cold. I would think being from Canada you would need a warm thrown on as often as us here in Wyoming ;)

yea exactly, it really sucks to be honest it can be plus 20 degrees Celsius in sept and that same night gather frost on the ground. So it can be hard with a lot of these layering systems. God forbid you want to sit and glass for a couple hrs

what color do you have? and is there a sheen to it?

WesternBounty

Lil-Rokslider
yea exactly, it really sucks to be honest it can be plus 20 degrees Celsius in sept and that same night gather frost on the ground. So it can be hard with a lot of these layering systems. God forbid you want to sit and glass for a couple hrs

what color do you have? and is there a sheen to it?

I have the coyote brown, I would say it has a sheen to it, but not enough to bug me about it. Shot my fall elk in my Lost Park Parka and used it my whole hunting trip, never had an issue with game noticing me because of it.

f72c4508bc24712f3cd5612cab073f8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk