New system......Help me out!

golfbum

WKR
I am going to be investing in a new clothing system and would like some help picking which way to go. I know Kuiu, Sitka, FL are all good, but if you were starting from scratch what would you pick??

I am a western Bowhunter that hunts mostly from a base camp. Not out of the question to do a couple backpack trips per year but mostly hunt from a truck camp. I don't love merino wool and quiet material is a must.

I hunt from August to Dec so I need an entire system to get me through as the weather changes.

Pieces I have bought (I can return)

3 pair of Ascent Pants in OC (older style)
1 pair of 90% Pants in OC
1 Sitka Heavyweight Hoody (dirt)
1 Sitka Mid Weight 1/4 Zip
1 Costco Puffy
1 Mountain Hardwear Fleece Vest

Leaning towards Sitka obviously but having second guesses. Seems like Kuiu is a little cheaper and I do like their camo more. What would you do!!!

This is more for fun, I get that it is all good and just go with what I want! Just so help on certain pieces I need!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
The only "systems" I do are the ones I put together. My basic archery hunting clothes setup has seven different brands of clothing from merino base layers all the way through my rain gear. And that doesn't include my gaiters, they would be number 8, and the only piece from one of the "hunting brands".....KUIU. Even my merino base tops and bottoms are from two different companies.

So, I would just pick and choose to fill in the gaps where you need something. I have spent years perfecting and selecting what I choose to use, and continue to do so as needed. But the changes have come much less frequently in recent years.

Sitka is a great company, as is First Lite. The new line from SKRE is really looking good too.

I have pants from PrAna that are solid colors, but work good.
Most of my stuff is FL, but build what you can get recognizing the importance of what a system really is.
- Base layer
- mid layer
- outer layer

the base sets the tone for insulation as well as moisture removal from skin
the mid layer helps regulate the base layers ability while aiding the outer layers effectiveness
the outer layer blocks cold, wind, rain as needed, sometimes with the help of the mid layer.

Here is my bow season "system"

Base- aerowool hybrid
mid- merino wool 100% yet small and light weight for mobility
Outer- blocks wind, cold yet breathes, has some water repellant capabilities

My cold weather system is the same, except I add another Outer layer of better insulation.
Everyone is unique depending on their type of hunt

Your camo doesn't have to match. brand or style or print.
It just has to work.

Mine matches and works
:)