Insulated Prana Zion?

colonel00

WKR
I though for sure I'd seen where they make a Zion with a little thicker material for a little more warmth. I love my Zions and wear them daily. However, now that my time in California is coming to an end and I'm back to the Midwest where it actually gets cold, I quickly realized on my last trip home that the Zions leave a little to be desired when it's 10* out. Anyway, looking at the Prana site I'm not seeing them listed. Are they named something different?

Also, throw up your thoughts and reviews. Maybe this can help someone in the future too.

ianpadron

WKR
The Eddie Bauer Guide Pros are offered in a fleece lined version. My GF runs them almost year round as she gets cold easily and they are apparently awesome. If they're anything like the uninsulated Guide Pro pants that I run, they are tough as nails and ultra comfy.

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
Thanks. I have a couple pair of the EB guide pants but they just don't fit me like the Pranas. I'll probably actually sell the EB pants as I just don't wear them (read: worn once or twice total). The Prana's just seem to have a better fit for my arse or lack there of and tactical beer belly.

BGC

FNG
They make the Prana Zion in a Winter version. Charcoal and mud are the two standard colors. Same material thickness from what I remember except they are lined.

Chris84

FNG
Backcountry and Campsaver has them on sale, though not a lot of selection for sizes.

boom

WKR
i have the EB version..they just feel so heavy.

i would rather put on a wool layer underneath my Zions..

my EB pants are pretty good to get out of my camos, and sit around a hunting camp campfire.

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
Thanks fellas. Winter Zions...I don't know how I couldn't find that. Looks like they are in a bit of a different section from the regular Zions. Anyway, grabbed a pair from Campsaver to try out.