Sitka rain gear sizing?

Been looking for rain gear now for quite a while, and pretty sure the Sitka Thunderhead/Downpour are the only ones that fit the bill. I want something that has a brushed polyester face, and there just don't seem to be many options - I've tried Kings, none of the Kuiu stuff is that way, Sylo (Core4Element) are no longer in business, the Cabelas Quiet-Pack ones look nice but only zip to the knee.

Can you guys help me out with the sizing? They list them as a Performance Fit. I wear a 34 in their Mountain pants and a 35 in their new ascent pants (since they changed the sizing a little). Would I be a Large, or should I go up to an XL?

I wear a 40 in their regular pants ie timberlines, ascent, 90%, and I use xxl in their rain pants. I have the stormfront and cloud burst. They fit nice over the other pants. I hope this helps.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Performance cut means it is NOT sized to go over all your regular clothes. Go up a size. Expedition cut is sized larger so you would order your normal size in say the Stormfront/Coldfront/Blizzard.

OP
cornfedkiller
Performance cut means it is NOT sized to go over all your regular clothes. Go up a size. Expedition cut is sized larger so you would order your normal size in say the Stormfront/Coldfront/Blizzard.

Wonder why they cut their downpour/thunderhead that way? Do they expect rain gear to not get worn over other clothes?

Rwbrew3

WKR
Well for me I wear a medium in all my gear- my Sitka DP is also medium and I have no trouble throwing it on over my
Other hunting gear, Sitka is a layering system, you don’t go up a size in each of your outer layers rain gear is a part of that system !
I know for some guys who are between sizes this may not work as well.

Sitka Gear | Sizing Chart

I have a 34 waist and wear 34r in Sitka pants. I wear a large in their tops and jackets. I have the Cloudburst set of rain gear in large and it fits over whatever just fine.

OP
cornfedkiller
Actually got the chance to try them on a few days ago, and the larges are very snug (which I understand they are supposed to be), especially in the thighs.

Tried on the XLs and they have plenty of room in the waist, but the legs fit much better, especially when putting them over my normal hunting pants.

Actually got the chance to try them on a few days ago, and the larges are very snug (which I understand they are supposed to be), especially in the thighs.

Tried on the XLs and they have plenty of room in the waist, but the legs fit much better, especially when putting them over my normal hunting pants.

What’s the difference between the Thunderhead and the Downpour, other than the camo pattern? Anything? I’ve been looking for some rain gear but was hoping for something a little lighter weight-wise; but they might be a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
cornfedkiller
What’s the difference between the Thunderhead and the Downpour, other than the camo pattern? Anything? I’ve been looking for some rain gear but was hoping for something a little lighter weight-wise; but they might be a good choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camo pattern is the only difference.