Eddie Bauer MEN'S DOWNLIGHT STORMDOWN JACKET

golfbum

WKR
Just picked up a vest and jacket for 135.00 shipped, pretty good deal I think! They are both 800 fill treated down in Grey. Should be a nice puffy combo for really cold weather! Anyone have one of these? Thoughts?

Wolfey

FNG
I have a hooded version of it and like it. The fit is good and I like the pockets.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have one. No extensive use yet but ran the vest version for a couple years, was pleased with the vest so I got the jacket. It is heavier than I expected at 17.5oz but it appears to have more fill than most these days and a more durable shell, that I assume is where it gets it’s weight. It’s the fifth down piece I’ve bought from Eddie Bauer so ya I like their stuff.

A couple notches below the big name hunting brands in construction quality but not bad, I give the eb a B+. As with all their first ascent line it has a athletic ish cut and range of motion is great. I got one with a hood. It functions very well considering it doesn’t have draw strings. Happy the hood is NOT cut for a helmet, something I don’t need.

Last edited: