Pants for Blacktail

What are all you turned up and tuned in dudes in the deep, dark and wet pacific running for still hunting blacktail? The new FL SEAK pants look promising but I run hot and temps in my BT area rarely get below freezing.

AdamRappe

FNG
I run the Sitka Timberline pant. The built in knee pads are a game changer when your ground pounding and rattling. They arent super water proof so I always have a pair of goretex rain pants in my pack. They have so far been my favorite pant for late season.

Jpott3

Lil-Rokslider
X2 for the timberline I love mine, I also have a set of cloudburst pants in the pack for when it gets really nasty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wentrot

FNG
I don’t tend to wear rain pants since blacktails hunting in my area is vertical-either wet from sweat or rain. I did heavily use Sitka gear until a couple years ago when I tried first lite. Now I use the corrugate pants as my first choice.

OP
T
I’m in the same boat wentrot. I try and get out every evening after work in late Oct and Nov so keeping gear dry for the next nights hunt is tough.

541hunter

WKR
I use both the corrugate guide pant and the sitka timberline during late blacktail. Both work great. This season I favored the timberlines. Neither are super waterproof but paired with a gaiter they perform good enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowplow

WKR
Never used fl, kuiu, or sitka pants (but lots of other stuff) but you might want to check out dayone camo. The bucksuede sheds water incredibly and is 100% silent. And it resists stickerbushes super well. They are cut kinda like a slim pair of carharts and dry really quick. They offer asat for the cult followers but their window camo makes tou dissapear in the rainforest.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Unlike hunting mulies where i might be out a couple days at a time, I'm always able to go home at night after hunting blacktails here in Western WA. So I like to use pants that keep me warm enough during a day hunt but will also be dry come the next day when I head back out. I used heavy old Columbia wool pants for a long time in the BT woods and they worked great since they kept the moisture off me and wool dries quick, especially inside your house overnight, but this year I wore the Timberlines and they were great. The waterproof knees and knee pads were legit and like someone else already stated if you pair them with gaiters they're great. Another thing to keep in mind, as I'm sure you know, is that hunting in the PNW jungles can tear your clothes up pretty quick, so cheaper clothes may be better. As far as the high end companies go though, Sitka has the best warranty if things get torn up, so that could be a good choice. Waterproof pants are expensive and are useless if the devils club and blackberries get ahold of them. So that's why I don't use rain pants around home.
So basically for me it's more about staying warm enough while still hunting the thick stuff instead of completely dry, which is extremely hard to do in the PNW anyway, knowing that I'll be going home at night to dry out. If you're going to sit and glass clear cuts all day then rain clothes may be a better option for you.

BobbyMac

Lil-Rokslider
MDM
Cheap was my thought as well. I don't know about where the OP hunts in western Washington...but in western Oregon...it is a blackberry fest. I would never wear high end gear into this environment. Got a pair of alpaca wool pants and some wool tops...I will throw a cheapo camo shirt over them. You will get wet but you will be warm. YMMV