Sitka Downpour jacket opinions

bwlacy

WKR
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this jacket. I know it doesn't have pit zips. But they are on clearance right now and I do like to save money :)

Kotaman

WKR
If you are using it as a "treestand" rain jacket it works great. Anywhere you can dry it out at night and it will be fine. NOT a good mountain hunting rain jacket where you need to live in it though. The fleece exterior is quiet, but does "wet out"/retain water and takes awhile to dry.

Overall a nice rain jacket, but not what I'd call a "mountain" rain jacket.

OP
B

bwlacy

WKR
If you are using it as a "treestand" rain jacket it works great. Anywhere you can dry it out at night and it will be fine. NOT a good mountain hunting rain jacket where you need to live in it though. The fleece exterior is quiet, but does "wet out"/retain water and takes awhile to dry.

Overall a nice rain jacket, but not what I'd call a "mountain" rain jacket.

Good to know. Yeah I'm looking for something to pack in for back country archery elk hunts.

Thanks

Kotaman

WKR
I use the Sitka Dewpoint for backpack hunts. Works great as it is super light, dries fast and keeps me dry.

KY Ryan

FNG
I've had mine for a couple years. Still hasn't been tested in a serious rain storm but it is quiet, comfortable, light and warm. I saw it go on sale too and thats a great deal.