EE Torrid Apex Jacket

Kurtm2323

FNG
Has anyone had any experience with this jacket? I'm looking at getting it for my wife but am looking for some firsthand experience. I have an uncompaghre puffy and she loves it but unfortunately Firstlite doesn't really have any of the colors that she would like. How does this jacket compare to other puffy jackets? Thank you!

https://enlightenedequipment.com/torrid-apex-jacket/

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
My assumption is that since they would be great for hiking and backpacking but wouldn’t be the best option if you end up having to do any bushwhacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My assumption is that since they would be great for hiking and backpacking but wouldn’t be the best option if you end up having to do any bushwhacking.

Is the FL Uncompaghre good for bushwhacking? How about the Kifaru Lost Park Parka?

OP
Kurtm2323

Kurtm2323

FNG
This would be more for hiking and hanging around camp then bushwacking. I've never worn my puffy bushwacking and if I did it would be under a shell.

The torrids have significantly less insulation than the uncompagre and are more bare bones on comfort features (pockets, hems, brushed chin, etc). Have you looked at the first lite woman's puffies in black or green?

Otherwise I would look at dead bird, patagucci, etc and she could probably find something she likes.