Outdoor Vision Gaiters

Lawnboi

WKR
Anyone run thier gaiter? If so what do you think?

I just ordered a pair of the short gaiters. Been searching for one I really liked and have not been very happy with the Sitka ascents I got last year. Off season of times I don't need to be quiet Iv always run OR Rocky Mountain lows and they have always been good, just want a quieter option for hunting.

Prices seem right, if I like the shorts I'll probably get a pair of the taller ones.

Looking forward to beating the crap out of the scree gaiters shed hunting

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Nobody?

I'll treat this thread as a review then. My scree gaiters have not shipped yet, but I'll report when I get them, and after I put some shed hunting miles on them

slowelk

WKR
I bought and returned the scree gaiters. Let me start with this - they seemed to be made well, but they were too busy for me. Between the bootlace toggle and the snap and the zipper to keep them enclosed, just too much going on. IMO, a short gaiter should be simple as they aren't asked as much as a true gaiter. The final deal breaker was the sizing, I wear an 11 Kenetrek Mountain Extreme and the L/XL was way too big for that boot. I keep trying to move on from the Sitka Flash gaiters from a few years ago, but I haven't found anything to replace them.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
I was actually just looking at these after reading the bino harness review. I'm a full gaiter kind of guy but if the scree sizing is similar to the full sizing i'm a little weary after reading slowelk's post...

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv been running Rocky Mountain lows prior as my go to.

Last year I ran the Sitka ascents, and didn't care much for them.

Also have run a pair of rei trail running gaiters for a while, those I still use trail running.

I ordered feb 23rd and it said 2 to 3 weeks out, so hopefully soon I'll have them

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
Finally got to put them to some use, I'll share my findings in the coming days. So far I like them

VPZOpTA.jpg

Rchr

FNG
I have the Outdoor Visions gaiters and they worked fine. I used them last year on an elk hunt in Colorado but honestly I didn't get into put them through the "ringer" very much as we had pretty pleasant weather, hi 20's in the morning with a little water on occasion but didn't get any snow. They did get put through some rough vegetation and they held up well. My only complaint was putting them on, that was difficult for me because of the zipper, I'm just not that flexible. Ironically enough I chose the Outdoor Visions Gaiters because of the zipper, mainly because I don't like using Velcro while hunting, so when I saw that these used a zipper I thought they would be the better choice. Reaching down sideways to the outside bottom of my feet to put the zipper on is not easy so I hated putting them on. Once they were on I had no problem with them.

Trial153

WKR
One tip on zipper for these things....replace the pull with 6 inch lenth of doubled over paracord forming a loop. Its way easier the reasching all the way down and gives you a huge amount of leverage. The just tuck the loop in..

OP
L

Lawnboi

WKR
One tip on zipper for these things....replace the pull with 6 inch lenth of doubled over paracord forming a loop. Its way easier the reasching all the way down and gives you a huge amount of leverage. The just tuck the loop in..

That's a great idea I may have to try. I really like the gaiter, but it can be difficult to put on at times, especially when the only chair you have is the ground.