Waterproof jacket that isn't loud?

What conditions are you planning to use your system in? Expected temps, location?

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

Wacm

FNG
I went with the space rain from cabelas. I think for those afternoon thunderstorms in September it going to work good. It’s a little noisy but when it gets wet you can’t hear it. Super light and about half the price of the big name raingear.

excaliber

WKR
That's what I use too.
I went with the space rain from cabelas. I think for those afternoon thunderstorms in September it going to work good. It’s a little noisy but when it gets wet you can’t hear it. Super light and about half the price of the big name raingear.

frankrb3

WKR
I bought an under armour essentials rain jacket (msrp $250) from costco a few months back for $50 dollars and it's a great gortex rain jacket. It's got a saddle cloth like material on the outside, a gortex lining, is lightweight/packable and is in the new ridge reaper forest pattern which I think is sweet.

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Does anyone make a waterproof jacket that isn't really loud? I have a Kuiu Chugach but it's so loud I don't ever want to wear it. I want something light weight, packable, and durable that I can wear over my insulation layer on a regular basis to block wind and rain. Or maybe something a little heavier with some insulation but still waterproof and quiet that I could use as a general use jacket? Any ideas?

The Sitka thunder head jacket and pants will probably be your best bet. It is a Gortex material in the subalpine pattern. They don't make it in an open country pattern just for the fact as the subalpine in meant for close engagements 50 yards and under while the open country pattern is meant for 40 yards and above. So if you're in a downpour and stalking it will be a lot more quiet material than anything else will be. Also for an outer shell make sure to size up 1 or 2 for the layers that you'll have on underneath.