Camo pattern - ASAT or Fusion or Cipher

Rokwiia

WKR
I'd like to get your recommendation of which pattern to choose. I will be wearing it in a wet, thickly-wooded forest environment of conifer and mixed hardwood. It is very much the boreal forests of eastern Canada except I am always under the canopy of trees and it's not unusual to be able to see only 50' in front of you until the leaves are down.

In Fall, there are lots of trees and leaves but not a lot of rocks and boulders like you see in open areas in Big Sky country. So there is little grey in my environment.

ASAT is time tested for 35 years but both Fusion and Cipher look like they'd be very effective as well.

ellsworb

Lil-Rokslider
FWIW, I was so impressed by the Cipher when I saw it in person, I'm going all in on that pattern. I hunt WA, OR, ID and British Columbia. It's a darn versatile pattern.

At first I thought my cipher was kind of weird looking until I used it out hunting. Awesome pattern but it sounds like Fusion might work better for your environment

dotman

WKR
FL dropped ASAT so it’ll be hard to come by if not already, I really like Fusion.

Went all ASAT and have never looked back. My bow is even ASAT. Have sat it down before in woods and really had to look for it when I went to get it. I know it most likely does not matter because animals don’t see color but I feel it breaks up your silhouette the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nrh6.7

WKR
Agree with above. If you are just now buying I would go with Fusion or Cipher, unless you happen to find everything you need in the now discontinued ASAT and the limited sizes available. I have ASAT but that's out going forward.

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
My instinct tells to get ASAT as it has been tried and true for 35 years. Of Cipher and Fusion, which would make more sense in a boreal forest?

OP
Rokwiia

Rokwiia

WKR
FL dropped ASAT so it’ll be hard to come by if not already, I really like Fusion.

Surprisingly, I was just at FL's website and looking at their available inventory of 1/4 zip Cipher tops. The Llano or Chama (170g and 230g) are not available in Cipher in M, L, or XL. Given the time of year, that's real head scratcher for me. I would think they'd have them available in all sizes in as much quantity as I want.

Is it normal for FL to have inventory levels like this especially with a high demand product such as a 1/4 zip top?

HeadnWest

WKR
Surprisingly, I was just at FL's website and looking at their available inventory of 1/4 zip Cipher tops. The Llano or Chama (170g and 230g) are not available in Cipher in M, L, or XL. Given the time of year, that's real head scratcher for me. I would think they'd have them available in all sizes in as much quantity as I want.

Is it normal for FL to have inventory levels like this especially with a high demand product such as a 1/4 zip top?

This is common this time of year for FL. They usually they get their inventory filled in late March or April. Especially with the turnover of the new Aerowool and Merino X, I would think they are trying to push all last year stuff out the door and will get there new inventory in in the next few weeks. That's why they are still sending out email of inventory that's on sale. I am sure they will be making an announcement on the new arrivals.

Btaylor

WKR
One of my hunting buddies geared up with a bunch of fusion last year and it is a great pattern for our hardwoods and obviously works well out west. Like was mentioned all three will work though.