KUIU Kenai

tracker12

WKR
I am leaning towards picking up this jacket. I have a friend that lives in his and it seems to have head up well. I get cold when not active and am looking for this as an insulation layer when stopped as well as an outer layer when in a blind or around camp. Seems like most like to this piece of clothing but i do see a lot of them for sale on the forum.

I am leaning towards picking up this jacket. I have a friend that lives in his and it seems to have head up well. I get cold when not active and am looking for this as an insulation layer when stopped as well as an outer layer when in a blind or around camp. Seems like most like to this piece of clothing but i do see a lot of them for sale on the forum.
I really like mine but feel it's optimized as an active wear peice of insulation. It breathes well and the pit zips are a real plus for this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rwurdeman

FNG
I had this piece last year and used it often. It is a great piece. Being a bow hunter I really liked how quiet it was. Like super quiet for being a puffy jacket. I do not like how loud they get sometimes. That being said it did seem somewhat fragile. Like you could put a hole through it easily. While I never got one in mine I would not want to walk through a ton of brush with it. There is an article I believe titled Puffy Shootout. It goes into depth about this jacket. I would check it out.

zach14

FNG
I used the Kenai last season and loved it. It kept me warm and the pit zips are a huge plus. Like others have said it would be a little fragile for walking through thick brush, but I just used it when I was more stationary or walking shorter distances. Definitely worth it.

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
I haven’t owned one but I stopped by the kuiu store in CA and was amazed by how quiet it was. I was wearing a kelvin lite hoody in their store and could compare the noise of the two by running my hand over both. The kuiu was a lot quieter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
It’s also $50 cheaper than the kelvin lite hoody and kuiu is currently running a 15% sale right now so if you’re thinking about it you should buy it now and possibly return it if it’s not for you.

It is a great piece and very warm. I wore it in upper 20s during a snowstorm while carrying 60lbs of sand. I only had one layer underneath. It breathes well and has a great dwr. It is worth picking up if you aren’t a kuiu hater.

mcseal2

WKR
I have one too. It's my favorite puffy for warmer or real active colder hunts. It is very quiet and breathes very well as others have said. It doesn't stop much wind and I doubt it stops much water. It's better under a shell in my opinion most of the time. I have been cold in it under a softshell and rain gear when sitting for long periods in cold weather. I like mine until it gets real cold or wet, then the Kifaru Lost Park gets to go instead. That one is much warmer, more water and windproof. I also would not want to walk in it like I sometimes do the Kuiu.

Picked one up last year but have yet to wear it. Guess I am just set in my ways with the down. Thinking about letting it go. Hooded size large in Vias. PM me if interested.

as.ks.ak

WKR
I’ve had one for a few years now. It’s been in the Chugach, on Kodiak, and all over here in SE. I love the damn thing. I also have down. Which had also been with me in August in the Chugach. The down has its place, and so does the synthetic. I’ll never get rid of my Kenai.

But the down vest I have in Vias could potentially go to somebody out there that’s a vest guy. It’s a large. Anybody wants it, let me know.

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
The kenai performs really well when active, I was hunting in cool weather (around -5 degrees Canadian) and had it on while hiking in the hills, sweating up a storm and the jacket breathes really really well. I was dry underneath it but the jacket was wet on the outside, I was pretty impressed, then it started raining/snowing really hard so I put on my rain Jacket and hikesd 10 kms back. When I got back to the truck and took off the rain jacket it was soaked on the inside (dripping wet) but the kenai was still dry on the inside and kept me warm the whole time. All that perspiration went right through to the rain jacket which was awesome, cause it keep me dry and warm inside. Great jacket for hiking IMO, but when I go sheep hunting it stays home and my down jacket gets put in pack cause its warmer for glassing and sitting on top of the mountains.