Shell for over active insulation

204guy

WKR
Looking for shell ideas to wear over an active insulation jacket. I'm 6' and 185ish. Already have a BD alpine start and a Ferrosi both in size large. They both work but are tighter than I'd like under the bulkier jacket. Looking for something that is still highly breathable but still cuts the wind and adds very little insulation. Noise and durability are important but secondary. Where I see using this is late season hunts to cut the wind in the open. I could also see putting it on when entering timber for protection from branches and snow on limbs. Would also use this as a shell without the active insulation under it when it's warmer. Camo is not important. Leading contenders I'm considering are an Alpine Start in XL and the Arcteryx squamish in an XL. Would like to keep the cost at <$125. What else is out there.

b2one

WKR
The only windshirt I know about in the traditional hunting line ups is the Sitka Flash. The arcteryx squamish is tough to beat. There are some higher end military providers that put out a similar quality windshirt in multicam as well as earth tones. Check out OTTE Gear, Wild Things Tactical, and Beyond Clothing - especially on EBAY and you can find a great wind shirt for at your budget or under.

OP
204guy

204guy

WKR
Can anyone tell me what the fabric of the squamish is like? Any stretch to it? Or is it a hard faced nylon? Anyone compare it to the alpine start?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk