Tough outdoor pants

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
Im liking the scandenavian stuff. Are there any other brands to check out like fjallraven and haglof?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Here are a couple brands to check out. Harkila and Jahti Jakt. Imo, the Scandinavian companies offer much better solid color combinations than the North American companies.

novcie870

WKR
Ive been using these pants from Cabelas for the past three years. They are incredibly comfortable and have kevlar knee covering, and a patch of kevlar on the pant bottom where they tend to wear. Ive been so impressed climbing over dead falls, up mountains and everything in between. Breathe well, shed water and just flat hold up here in the Idaho mountains.

Cabela's Instinct™ Men's Stalking Pants with 4MOST REPEL™ : Cabela's

BWG13

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a pair of Carhartt Force Tappen pants from Cabelas a couple week short ago and really like them so far. The have a rip stop stitch, small cargo pockets and are advertised as “Fast Dry”. Have worn them on a couple short hikes and around the house and they’re are comfortable and seem pretty durable. Not exactly like some of the technical/hiking pant size already mentioned, but they only cost $40 on sale.

keller

WKR
so I just got my wrangler outdoor cargo pants wore them a couple days.nice pant for the money.i was thinking about getting a pair of prana zions to try as well.i can buy 2 pair wranglers for 1 pair of the zions.anybody out their have both pants and can tell me if they prefer one or the other and if the zions are worth twice the cost?
thanks john

.50 CAL

FNG
I have and wear both. The Pranas seem to fit me a little better and seem to be a little better built, but for twice the cost? Probably not that much of a difference to justify the extra cost compared to the ones from Wrangler. Start there, and if they aren't what you're looking for you're only out $25 bucks and you can just wear them fishing!

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
I dont think anyone mensioned the kuhl radykl. Anyone tried them? I think they are similar to a lighterweight keb maybe.

Im liking the scandenavian stuff. Are there any other brands to check out like fjallraven and haglof?

Lundhags is another one. There is a guy on here that has them, was it akicita? Bergens of Norway is good, as is Norrøna, another norwegian company

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

quent

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a pair of fjallraven keb pants for $131 at a fjallraven outlet store. Looking forward to try these out. They seem pretty stout. Can't beat that price though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Just got a pair of fjallraven keb pants for $131 at a fjallraven outlet store. Looking forward to try these out. They seem pretty stout. Can't beat that price though.

That is so awesome where abouts is that at?

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Anybody used Outdoor Research? I'm curious about their ferrosi pants or Voodoo pants. Can't go wrong with that warranty!

quent

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody used Outdoor Research? I'm curious about their ferrosi pants or Voodoo pants. Can't go wrong with that warranty!

I've heard the OR ferrosi pants are pretty legit. Are the voodoo pants from OR too?

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
I've heard the OR ferrosi pants are pretty legit. Are the voodoo pants from OR too?

Yep. Im not sure but l think theyre like the prana zion/brion. I think the ferosi is more technical and the voodoo is same material but cut more like a reg pant like the brion. Not totally sure though.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
I recently picked up a pair of REI taereen cargo pants for work. They seem like a lighter version of my attacks sans hip vents. Priced at $80, $60 on sale and well worth the purchase. I did have to go up a waist size to get a good fit though. The hip pockets are sewn down around the sides with a gusset at the bottom so they have some storage capacity without being baggy. Reinforced cuffs and knees are a knice touch as well.