Tough outdoor pants

milksteak

FNG
I agree with the KUIU attack pants, their so comfortable and if you have thick legs the 4-way stretch is amazing. The can be a little on the warmer side but for something cooler I would recommend the Eddie Bauer Travex pants; they're so lightweight and comfortable and they come with a lifetime warrantee so if you rip them or put a hole in them EB replaces them.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
I agree with the KUIU attack pants, their so comfortable and if you have thick legs the 4-way stretch is amazing. The can be a little on the warmer side but for something cooler I would recommend the Eddie Bauer Travex pants; they're so lightweight and comfortable and they come with a lifetime warrantee so if you rip them or put a hole in them EB replaces them.
Cool. Is all EB stuff that way?

What are the brands with guarantees?

I know of Outdoor Research, and l think Deluth Trading Company.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Am l under the right impression that the Deluth quickhatch pants are thicker than your pRana, OR, or other typical nylon hiker pants?

akrdkill

WKR
they are very close to my original kuiu attacks in thickness....yes heavierier than prana, OR, Eddie Bauer, rei.......for 100.00 less than the kuiu I really like mine

Am l under the right impression that the Deluth quickhatch pants are thicker than your pRana, OR, or other typical nylon hiker pants?

Anybody used Outdoor Research? I'm curious about their ferrosi pants or Voodoo pants. Can't go wrong with that warranty!

I use both a lot. I love my ferrosi. They will pill. But are almost indestructible. They are quieter than the voodoo pants. Voodoo haven’t pilled and are a little more athletic cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rokwiia

WKR
I ordered a pair of the FL Corrugate pants which arrived today. Have to return them because they are too large. I could order the next size down but I wasn't that impressed by them. I know they have a huge following so it obviously has to be me.

In contrast, yesterday I got to try on the Sitka Ascent pant and thought that was just fantastic. I am reluctant to drop $189 on them so I'll wait and think about it. For my use, which is backpacking, I thought Ascent was the best pant I've worn to date.

I've been using the Kuhl Renegade and I still think they are excellent. I'll give the Prana Zion a try and see how they are.

Railriders has been around since 1990 - tried and true for super durable and quick drying - Try the Tac Mid if you want the toughest they make - all others are a bit lighter - but still tough - not initially super quiet - but get better with use and washing - I’ve used them (old original style - because I’m old) climbing big walls in Yosemite - Adventure racing in Borneo and lived in them for 6 months on my CDT thru Hike - lots of sage busting in the high desert and dead fall scrambling in the forest near where I live - good for shed, stand and rifle hunting - perhaps ok for bow when well used

Men's Hiking Pants | Outdoor Pants | RailRiders

CTobias

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Kuiu attack pants. Very light and comfortable. I've got a pair of the OR Cirque pants and those are super comfortable and awesome to hike in. They're tough, but a little noisy for hunting. It could just be me though. I just ordered a set of the Ferrosis, so we shall see how those are.

Do they come DWR coated, and how do they hold up to varying levels of rain and wet brush?

RIGuy - I'm not sure if they have an additional DWR applied to the pant fabric or not ... they do mention an additional DWR on the pullover jacket they make shown on the linked website in my post above - the jacket uses similar material to some of the pants ... I can say they seem to shed even a steady light rain fine - as well as morning wet brush - like many other nylon products - but ... heavier steady rain and all day heavily wet brush will have them soak through - though using them snowshoeing in knee deep snow (dry western Colorado snow) is no issue - having said all that, even when soaked the weight gain isn't bad and I've never had them take more than about a half hour to dry once out of the rain even in high humidity environments -usually walk them dry in less time ... also - because they are nylon - I'd imagine that you could use a product like NikWax TX-Direct to beef up the repellent properties and/or maybe a "lightly warmed" iron (will melt with high heat!) Hope that helps ...

elkyinzer

WKR
Patagonia Field Pant. Lightest pant I've found that can withstand multifora rose. You'd shred a pair of First Lite fancypants in 10 minutes the jaggers we have here.

WRO

WKR
I wear Eddie Bauer Guide pants almost daily and love how they fit and how comfortable they are! However they are not tough in my opinion. Slid on gravel one day with a brand new pair and tore a good hole in the knee. Wiped on on slick grass with another pair and made a shiny slick spot on the knee that almost tore. Embers make little holes right away. I wish they were a little tougher but I'm hard on pants!
That's why I buy them on sale, we have a lot of barb wire where I hunt at, it'll shred any pair of pants, so why spend 150.00 on a set of pants that will definitely end up with holes in them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk