Tough outdoor pants

snowplow

WKR
Need some recomendations for some good hiking pants.

I really love wearing my old worn out broke in carhearts but they get soaked immediately. I really dont like the super light fabrics it just feels weird. Im in pnw so l need something pretty tough to resist the sticker bushes. And no camo.

Any ideas for me?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Gorp2007

WKR
Need some recomendations for some good hiking pants.

I really love wearing my old worn out broke in carhearts but they get soaked immediately. I really dont like the super light fabrics it just feels weird. Im in pnw so l need something pretty tough to resist the sticker bushes. And no camo.

Any ideas for me?

Eddie Bauer guide pants (40% off right now), prana Zions, or Wrangler tech pants from Walmart are all pretty popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Nasty

Lil-Rokslider
Kuiu attack pants in solid colour, I wear them 90% of the time now, from work to hiking to hunting to fishing to the mall, you get the jist.

kipper09

WKR
Arborwear canopy or ascender pants. I wear them or kuiu attack pants about all the time anymore. I like the Eddie Bauer guide pants and the kuhl renegades. But the arborwear or attacks are my go to for everything. From hiking, hunting, and just day to day stuff

quent

Lil-Rokslider
BDUs? Hell man. What are you looking for in pants? Swidish wool ski pants are out there. Man made fabrics are always an option.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My fjällräven pants are pretty damn tough. I have also heard good things about haglofs rugged mountain pant. Expensive though. The fjällräven pants are nice as they have good features, such as they accept knee pads, hip vents, reinforced butt, articulated knee. Very comfortable. Check out vidda pro or keb models.

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
BDUs? Hell man. What are you looking for in pants? Swidish wool ski pants are out there. Man made fabrics are always an option.

I dont really know lol. All I've worn is jeans or the silent suede type hunting pants. I was hoping to find something toughish (sticker bush protection) that doesnt need to be water resistent if it dries quick. I just dont know whats out there.

I have seen my friends rei style hiking pants but they are feather light, delicate, and super thin. Exactly the opposite of what lm looking for. Im not loving the idea of dropping 100+ bucks on pants when there is so much that tears them apart around here. But if theyll last thats fine.

I dont really know lol. All I've worn is jeans or the silent suede type hunting pants. I was hoping to find something toughish (sticker bush protection) that doesnt need to be water resistent if it dries quick. I just dont know whats out there.

I have seen my friends rei style hiking pants but they are feather light, delicate, and super thin. Exactly the opposite of what lm looking for. Im not loving the idea of dropping 100+ bucks on pants when there is so much that tears them apart around here. But if theyll last thats fine.

I would seriously suggest taking a look at the fjällräven or haglofs. They are what most people on here wont want, ie nothing like a lightweight rei style or hunting pant. For most uses, they are overbuilt, but they are made for the scandinavian landscape, which is either thick forests (like what is in the NW. I grew up in oregon so I have a good idea) or rocky/mountainous terrain. For something cheaper, military surplus is good, but at least the surplus pants I have are not very comfortable and I am glad I dropped the cash on the fjallraven.

Skickat från min G8142 via Tapatalk

brianrossman1

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the Prana Zion’s and have thought about a solid pair of the Attack pants. Both are extremely comfortable and for summer backpack trips I have a pair of convertible Zion’s which are nice on those hot summer days.

quent

Lil-Rokslider

Yeah, there's some nice stuff out there. But unless I can find it cheap I probably won't it. I.e. fjallraven. BDU/DCU pants have always served me well. Some people are just geardos and want the "best" money can buy I guess.

bruno59

WKR
I would look at pnuma tenacity pants, they are real tuff and dry pretty quick and if you can catch a sale a pretty good price also they come in one solid color been using mine for 2 years and still look new

Gorp2007

WKR
There's a truism in the outdoor equipment world that applies here: tough, light, cheap; you can only pick two. In this case, you can replace light with moisture friendly. Nothing is going to be quick dry and as tough as your Carhartt canvas pants without being expensive.

OP
S

snowplow

WKR
Thanks guys. Again l dont mind spending the money. But l dont want to buy a new expensive set every year.

Gorp2007

WKR
Thanks guys. Again l dont mind spending the money. But l dont want to buy a new expensive set every year.

Sorry, mistook you and quent. How tough are you looking? My First Lite Corrugates are tough enough for brush, but they don't take kindly to barbed wire. Eddie Bauer guides will be similar. Pranas are nice, but thinner.

quent

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry, mistook you and quent. How tough are you looking? My First Lite Corrugates are tough enough for brush, but they don't take kindly to barbed wire. Eddie Bauer guides will be similar. Pranas are nice, but thinner.
I've heard pranas are pretty nice. Are they pretty tough?

Gorp2007

WKR
I've heard pranas are pretty nice. Are they pretty tough?

They will snag but not rip on thorns and I'm not afraid to slide on rocks in them, but they're not bulletproof and they're definitely not barbed wire approved. On the plus side, you can find them on sale pretty frequently.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have too many pairs of pants right now as I've been looking for the perfect pair but the closest I've come so far is the Kuiu Attack pant, I absolutely love them for everything. IF I wanted a lighter pair, Id use the Prana Zion or First lite corrugate guide.