F.L.Sawtooth

What is the consensus? Are they worth the $,do they fit true to size?
I missed the window last year and they are available for pre order now so I m trying to decide if I should get one
Tim

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
I've got one and it a great addition for layering . I'm 6' 195 and it fits snug . I wore it over a FL merino t shirt and hoodie last year during Wa. MZ season . Got snow , rain , a little sun typical Wa. weather and it worked really good . It's water resistant not waterproof so when it was raining I slipped on a lightweight rain coat . Several times I got wet but never cold . Works great when moving around also.

OP
T
I've got one and it a great addition for layering . I'm 6' 195 and it fits snug . I wore it over a FL merino t shirt and hoodie last year during Wa. MZ season . Got snow , rain , a little sun typical Wa. weather and it worked really good . It's water resistant not waterproof so when it was raining I slipped on a lightweight rain coat . Several times I got wet but never cold . Works great when moving around also.

So you wear a large?

True to size this year, last year the shoulders were a bit tight but they relaxed those out this year, great piece, I'm grabbing the vest this year for Utah archery.

sparelink

FNG
I switched to FL this winter. Been on a couple scouting trips and a couple fishing trips and really liking the gear. I have the sawtooth in XXL. my normal shirt size is also XXL. It is a little snug but it is meant to be fitted. It has enough stretch that it does not bother me. Between the Chama Hoodie, Sawtooth, and Puffy, i am very happy.

colersu22

WKR
During late season 2 years ago I was using the llano ss, chama and a down vest, I go the sawtooth last year and during late season with temps in the high 20's/low 30's I just had the llano ss and the sawtooth. With the insulation in the body it made me feel like wearing the chama and the vest but one less layer. Overall I am super happy with the sawtooth and I is a nice piece. I did go up a size since everyone said they are snug and it feels perfect. All my tops are Large besides the sawtooth I got an XL.

Agross

WKR
What is the consensus? Are they worth the $,do they fit true to size?
I missed the window last year and they are available for pre order now so I m trying to decide if I should get one
Tim

I have a few pieces of first lite and really like them. I have been eying the sawtooth as my next piece along with a wilken. Seems like the sawtooth would be a very handy piece to add to the lineup.

mcseal2

WKR
I like mine. In XXL it weighs 21oz. Its real breathable and works over the Wilken aerowool base well. I wish it was cut a shade longer, it comes to my belt but no lower. It does seem to stay down pretty well to reduce wind getting below it.

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
I'm normally a XL but last years sizes made me drop down a size. Snug fit but very manageable for layering.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I have one from last year and just like the rest of my Firstlite gear, it is size medium. The fit is good for me but like someone mentioned, it's a bit short in the torso.

For reference,
I'm 5'10" and weigh 175 lbs,
normal T-shirts and sweatshirts I wear size large and my jeans are 32x32. Sitka I wear large in everything....

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
Would a simple combo of the Sawtooth, Aero tee, and the Obsidians be workable for Sept to Oct. High 60s to mid-30s?

NDGuy

WKR
I am 5'6" 180 and a large fits me just slightly loose but very much wearable by me. My store didn't have a M so not reference from me that.

The jacket was $80 on clearance and it was ASAT, I couldn't say no to that!

Grady.J

Lil-Rokslider
I think you'd be fine while you were active, but it might be a stretch down into the 30s for glassing or anything stationary. A lightweight puffy like the Cirrus would probably cover you for that.

Would a simple combo of the Sawtooth, Aero tee, and the Obsidians be workable for Sept to Oct. High 60s to mid-30s?

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with Grady. Active you would be fine , stopped for anytime you will cool down quickly . And a Puffy is very light and packable