Dual Purpose Hiker/Office Pants

Benjblt

WKR
If the cargo pockets are a deal breaker, Prana also makes the Brion and Zioneer pants. Both are a classic 5-pocket design, the Brions are a slim fit and the Zioneer is a loose(r) fit.

I second this. I'm wearing the Zioneers right now. I'm a project manager at a construction company.

The Wrangler 4-way stretch pants from Walmart are freakin killer for $20. I have several pair and they are literally all I wear. I have done a good bit of hiking/brush busting in them as well with no issue. Great pant for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krohboy

WKR
The Wrangler 4-way stretch pants from Walmart are freakin killer for $20. I have several pair and they are literally all I wear. I have done a good bit of hiking/brush busting in them as well with no issue. Great pant for the money.

Agreed. I wear mine every day for work and been using them heavily she’s hunting and scouting.

boom

WKR
that Sitka pant looks awesome.

i'm rocking Prana Zion damn near 90% of the time. they look less outdoorsy than the Sitka. the pockets are more hidden looking.

i am gonna get some Sitka gray for sure!!

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I checked those Costco ones out the other day and not sure if they changed or something but I thought the design sucked a lot, the ones I was looking at had a slip elastic section in the waist band by the pocket.

badshot

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of the EB guide pants but alittle too stretchy of material. I love my prana zion's for hunting but don't rock cargo pockets at work, My favorite for office casual is the mountain hardware ap-5 pants. Look good, not too baggy, not too tight, really durable, and only $46 at the columbia employee store.

elkduds

WKR
I checked those Costco ones out the other day and not sure if they changed or something but I thought the design sucked a lot, the ones I was looking at had a slip elastic section in the waist band by the pocket.

Yes, the older style without the elastic waist tabs was better. I wear both.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes, the older style without the elastic waist tabs was better. I wear both.

If it was a solid waist then they've have been fine (the EB pants fit me a tiny better but for the price these would have been fine) but that elastic tab turned me off completely, esp. since it affected the pocket as well. Just my personal preference.

Dries

WKR
5.11 Tactical has some good options also, I have the Apex pants and they have a ton of stretch and breath ability in them! Also they work well for Concealed carry.

OP
Sewall

Sewall

Lil-Rokslider
So I got the Eddie Bauer horizon guide pants and they are fitting like skinny pants. Guess my thighs are bigger than I thought. Will the prana Zion’s fit looser?

Squirrels

WKR
So I got the Eddie Bauer horizon guide pants and they are fitting like skinny pants. Guess my thighs are bigger than I thought. Will the prana Zion’s fit looser?

Yep they should. I like the horizons for me. Zion’s be a better fit for you probably

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
I have a couple pairs of Zions (not the slim fit ones) and they are pretty baggy through the legs. I’m short/stocky with big legs of that helps.