Dual Purpose Hiker/Office Pants

Tod osier

WKR
snaps on the legs.

Saw this the other day, and forgot to respond... The snaps can be broken off easily and the hole (just a little one) in the fabric self heals (at least on new pairs, haven't tried it on a well worn pair). I've used my teeth (prob not a great idea) and a pair of pliers, very easy to remove the snaps if it bothers someone (I've done 3 pairs without an incident).

Tom_

Lil-Rokslider
Really like the Sitka Territory so far. I've wear them work and casual. Took the kids out for crappies a few times. Got enough fish slime over them to know they dry fast and don't stain.......yet.

OP
Sewall

Sewall

Lil-Rokslider
I have a couple pairs of Zions (not the slim fit ones) and they are pretty baggy through the legs. I’m short/stocky with big legs of that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I’m gonna try the Zion’s next. The Eddie Bauer’s are like skinny jeans on me...not my style but I guess they will work for going on a hike. I’m afraid if I wore them to the office I’d never hear the end of it from my coworkers haha

chasewild

WKR
The prana zion's are dad pants. If you're trying to look 45+ go for it. Otherwise, try the brion, or the old Sitka Ascent in clay, or the current Kuiu attacks.

OP
Sewall

Sewall

Lil-Rokslider
The prana zion's are dad pants. If you're trying to look 45+ go for it. Otherwise, try the brion, or the old Sitka Ascent in clay, or the current Kuiu attacks.

Haha I’m looking for a pair that fits like slacks. The brions are a slim fit if I remember right. Those Eddie Bauer’s were pretty tight on my thighs. I’m only 30 but maybe I just like the dad style lol

Gorp2007

WKR
Which version of the EB pants did you get? The Horizon Guide Pro pants (cargo pockets) are their slimmist fit, the 5-pocket guide pants are a bit looser and the guide chinos are the loosest fit for performance(ish) pants.

OP
Sewall

Sewall

Lil-Rokslider
Which version of the EB pants did you get? The Horizon Guide Pro pants (cargo pockets) are their slimmist fit, the 5-pocket guide pants are a bit looser and the guide chinos are the loosest fit for performance(ish) pants.

I got the chinos and I look like a hipster in them.

Gorp2007

WKR
I got the chinos and I look like a hipster in them.

Then definitely avoid the Brions. I've got Brions and Guide Pros and they fit about the same in the thighs (my cousin would say "like a hipster," but he also dresses like a homeless person), so if the chinos don't work for you the the Brions will be too tight. Oh, and Prana also makes the Zioneer which is the same fit as the Zions but without the cargo pocket.

Or you can grow out your man bun, grow a scraggly beard, and just embrace your inner hipster.

OP
Sewall

Sewall

Lil-Rokslider
Then definitely avoid the Brions. I've got Brions and Guide Pros and they fit about the same in the thighs (my cousin would say "like a hipster," but he also dresses like a homeless person), so if the chinos don't work for you the the Brions will be too tight. Oh, and Prana also makes the Zioneer which is the same fit as the Zions but without the cargo pocket.

Or you can grow out your man bun, grow a scraggly beard, and just embrace your inner hipster.

Hahaha i will keep that in mind

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
Sitting in my office currently wearing FL's Corrugate Guide Pant in dry earth. If cargo pockets are ok (my office is pretty much super casual unless big wigs roll in). These are my favorite all around outdoor pant currently.

OP
Sewall

Sewall

Lil-Rokslider
Sitting in my office currently wearing FL's Corrugate Guide Pant in dry earth. If cargo pockets are ok (my office is pretty much super casual unless big wigs roll in). These are my favorite all around outdoor pant currently.

I love the corrugate guides for hunting they are just a little to slim fitting for me to wear into the office.

Jsunkler

Lil-Rokslider
I love the corrugate guides for hunting they are just a little to slim fitting for me to wear into the office.

I agree and that's why I went to large instead of the mediums. I could get by with the mediums, but they are a little to slim for me and I like the larges incase I need to layer under them.

I have giant thighs and pretty much no pant fits me comfortably...except the Zion's, I wear them almost every day. Very comfortable.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So I got the Eddie Bauer horizon guide pants and they are fitting like skinny pants. Guess my thighs are bigger than I thought. Will the prana Zion’s fit looser?

Sorry to hear, the issue comes up from time to time in discussion. Just to reiterate these aren't cut like true skinny jeans, don't want folks getting the wrong idea. They are cut like "straight" or "regular" cut jeans which is not at all like skinny/slim cut nor is it baggier like relaxed/loose cut pants. If you have large thighs I can totally see them fitting too tight in the thighs but again not skinny jeans cut tight which seems like its tight on twig leg folks. These are just a regular, non-relaxed, cut.

Clarktar

WKR
Ditto! Same here as what Nick M. Posted

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hands down the Territory pant from Sitka. It is in the new TTW line. I have both the clay and shadow. I wear them in my office, out to dinner, out on our ranch, hiking to fishing spots litterarly every where. They also come in shorts as well. They aren't like the pyrite ascent pants these fit amazing just like a normal pant. I strongly suggest these.

Yeah and they are waterproof.

Squirrels

WKR
Sorry to hear, the issue comes up from time to time in discussion. Just to reiterate these aren't cut like true skinny jeans, don't want folks getting the wrong idea. They are cut like "straight" or "regular" cut jeans which is not at all like skinny/slim cut nor is it baggier like relaxed/loose cut pants. If you have large thighs I can totally see them fitting too tight in the thighs but again not skinny jeans cut tight which seems like its tight on twig leg folks. These are just a regular, non-relaxed, cut.

legit words. they aren't skinny jeans at all. they are regular cut pants. I think some guys are use to a more relaxed fit in everything

milksteak

FNG
Agreed 100%, the Eddie Bauer Travex pants are great too. The Eddie Bauer 4-way stretch material is amazingly durable for how lightweight and comfortable it is, plus the come with a lifetime warrantee so if you rip them EB replaces them.

milksteak

FNG

You have to them a waist size bigger if you have big legs. I'm a 34/30 and I wear either a 36 or 38/30 in EB depending on the style of pants. I just wear a belt and have never had any issues with the waist bunching up or anything.