Explain Clothing Pre-Ordering To Me

Squirrels

WKR
I don't care one way or the other, but I've gotten the impression that several have hated on Kuiu for the exact same business model in the past. Now the beloved FL has followed suit. Again, I don't care one way or the other. Simply an observation. Pre-order if you like, I don't see me doing that.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Ya I would never preorder. I am in a common size and will wait for discounts via FL themselves or the Rokslide classifieds.

I saw that First Lite is taking preorders for 2018 line of clothes. I guess I don’t really understand why people would preorder clothes. There’s no discounting for pre-ordering so what is the point? I guess if you are just getting into a new line of product and absolutely want the stuff.

But nearly everything is going to be discounted 20-40% off once or twice throughout the year. That coupled with waiting to hear reviews for some of the new items I’ll just wait. Maybe I’m in the minority though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shut up and pre-order or they will take your fanboy card away from you.

TradAg02

Lil-Rokslider
Guilty, I pre-ordered. Last year I waited until year end thinking I would pick up a Chama hoodie at a discount. They did mark them down, some places cut the price by half. If you are a size small you can still get one, but I haven’t been able to find a large in any color since November. Unfortunately they aren’t making the chama this year so I ordered a kiln.

Guess that puts me in the fear of missing out crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jbehredt

WKR
Tried to pre order a few items this week. Got a reply regarding several that were “sold through” for the year. How does a pre order sell out? Both were for my wife so she’s pretty bummed. ETA I anybody has a conifer Aurora puffy in medium laying around I’d kindly take it off your hands.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
So if you would never pre-order would you ever back order?

If they would honor a discount absolutely. You gain no benefit from preordering outside of guaranteeing you are getting your size and product. But I suppose that is worth a lot to the super popular or oddball sizes.