Kuiu Sizing

Scoony

Lil-Rokslider
I recently bought a Kuiu Guide Jacket in XL. XL jackets always fit me fine, but the Kuiu is tight on the chest and armpits. Is this normal for the Kuiu Guide Jacket?

I will probably buy the the XXL and give the XL to my son who normally wears large. I just don't want to pay for the XXL and have it too big.

Is the Skre Hardscrable jacket more true to size?

I think they run a bit small. I am on the xxl side of the border between xl and xxl in most tops. xxl top in Sitka and first lite Fits with a room to layer underneath.

My kuiu guide jacket is a xxxl and I would say the fit compares to Sitka xxl Jet stream. My only other kuiu jacket is a snap shirt. The xxl fits like an xl.

Keneboy

FNG
I ordered a guide jacket in the fall of 2016 during a sale and was severely disappointed in the fit. I am like you and XL sizes always fit me fine but not in this jacket. It is a really tight fit and I now wear it to work over my polo shirts, luckily I ordered the brown color. I am 6'2" and 210 if that helps at all. I love their merino shirts and the XLs fit great. I was scared to order the XXL fearing the sleeves would be too long. I wear mostly Sitka now and it seems that is a true XL fit in their jackets. Hope this helps you...

NV HUNTER

WKR
All of my kuiu tops fits a size small. I am a true xl in almost everything, and all of my kuiu tops are xxl. Pants fit pretty true to size, my guides my be a little bigger than attachs but real close.

Kotaman

WKR
I HATE their sizing in big sizes. I have KUIU jackets in everything from XL to XXXL. One of the most frustrating things is that sizing varies in the same item from one years edition to the next. Sitka jacket sizing is much more consistent.

codym

WKR
I have struggled with Kuiu sizing. Have 2 merino wool XXL shirts that fit perfect, a merino 210 xxl hoody that fits like spandex, a merino xl ls that fits slightly snug compared to the XXL's that I have. Biggest screw up I made with Kuiu is buying a soft shell jacket in XXL, order comes in packing sheet says XXL, plastic cover that the jacket is in is XXL so figure I'm good. Wear it and it's super tight and short, figure im knew to Kuiu gear maybe that's the way its supposed to fit so I give it a try, way too tight. Check the size on the jacket and it's a large call Kuiu and of course I can't return it because I wore it once. Lost quite a bit of money on that one. I bought a first lite chama recently and went with XXL, fits perfect except the arms length, super long but work ok if I roll them up. I'm 5'10 220 big arms chest and shoulders from the gym and 32 inch waist so in all fairness I struggle with the fit of most clothes. My 2 pairs of attack pants fit great though!

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
I bought an XL Guide vest because I normally wear an XL. I determined it was designed for a slightly larger than petite cheerleader. I ended up with a triple Xtra fat.

Their sizing is stupid.

codym

WKR
I have to mention I just put in an order for another pair of attack pants and had one of the best customer service experiences ever with Kuiu. They really did right by me and I won't hesitate to continue buying thier products in the future.

milksteak

FNG
Agreed that KUIU runs a little tight. I usually wear a L but ordered an XL in the guide jacket after reading reviews, it's pretty snug on the arms and chest and the sleeves are about 4 inches too long, I'd be afraid to go XXL and have the sleeves be even longer. Love the jacket though, perfect for hunting the Oregon Cascades, it can go from warm to cool really easy with all the vents on it. Just wish the made sizes for guys that go to the gym.

Skeeter

FNG
I’ll echo what’s been said above. Normally wear xl in tops, but in Kuiu it’s XXL with the exception of their Yukon and Chugagh jackets. Those two jackets run bigger and I wear XL in those and can still layer beneath.